Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Yeah but Limerick deserve it.

1 Like

In fairness any type of a format will finish them

Fair play to him for going down is what I say. having been at two championship matches the fouling off the ball is the worst I have ever seen.near impossible to referee. more players need to go down if they get a sly dig.force pundits to highlight it…it’s ridiculous at the moment and I know this is not a popular opinion.

Umpires and linesmen need to be on their game more. Umpires are shit useless at spotting things. Have two linesmen on either side if needs be.

1 Like

PUC is a fairly advantageous home venue for Cork, it is a very fast playing surface which seems to lead to open/high scoring games. I think they could potentially run the legs off Tipp Saturday night.

On one hand I thought Tipp managed the game in Ennis very well, their swarm tackling and tactical fouling to stop runners at source before real danger emerged was very good, but it is always easier to do these things when you have the lead and the other team is chasing it. Do Cork have a natural full forward to take advantage of Breen at full back?

Are we taking it as a given that Waterford will lose all four games? Then the winner here is all but into the Munster final with a free shot off limerick to come.

Sweep Sweep

Waterford have Clare next is it? A chance to catch Clare on the hop and Davy will be well up for it. But unless he changes what they are doing it’s hard to see anything other than a Clare win.
We will see better where Tipp and Cork are after their game. I’m finding it difficult to get much of a read on either given Waterford’s haplessness this weekend and Clare’s generosity to Tipp the first day

1 Like

Dublin dont even mention a listing!

Nor Antrim :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have often felt Shanagher is under-utilised by Clare in recent seasons. Injuries or just out of favour?

I think he’s a fine hurler too. But the lads obviously see a lot more of him than we do.

he has the size, physicality to take on Limerick anyways, maybe lacks a bit of finesse

That could be seen on Saturday night, caught a great ball just after coming on and had it picked out of his pocket before he got the shot away.

still think he could\should be used more

Its been a box office Munster championship this year in fairness. Tipp v Cork next up is going to be very interesting.

3 excellent games out of 4 so far.

1 Like

Lohan built the forward line around him in 2021. Team was set up to free up the right corner forward slot bad float balls in there for him to drift out and catch. He was excellent in the league, giving Eoghan O’Donnell and Huw Lawlor bags of it and then rocking up v Waterford in the championship and winning heaps of ball against Shane Fives but proceeded to hitting a ball of wides. It was the Covid summer championship and what they were asking of him was unsustainable over a short period, by the time the Cork match came about he looked like he couldn’t move.

Was injured for long spells last year, came on as a sub v Cork when we were down to 14 and looked completely disinterested so Lohan kept him off the match day squad until the Wexford match where he helped turn the game.

As I said, on his day he is a serious handful but when he isn’t on form he is very easily nullified.

He’s terribly one sided to play well consistently.

Yeah, as I said earlier, he is a one trick pony due to it. Some days it works, some days it doesn’t. There is no real variation in what he offers

Amazing he hasn’t worked on it.

He scored a point off his right against Limerick