Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Ah Christ that was all Tony Kelly. Most of us would have put that over on our weak side

Isn’t much Davy can do when the whistle goes

He is the Eoghan O Gara of hurling. The games against Galway in 2018 if things had fallen a bit differently he could have been a Clare legend by now.

1 Like

He can jump up and down and squeal

1 Like

Would you be concerned at all about Clare being caught in Ennis if Cork were say to lose to Tipp this weekend. I have that as a 50/50 game in PuC. But if they were to lose it would be a huge game in Ennis.

Cork seem to always have Clare at arms length in championship traditionally. Now if they were to bate Tipp in PuC, they might not be as tuned in. But they will be concious too that theyre away to Limerick in the last round.

Its really wide open this year, which is great in fairness. Everything is going to be on the line now in the last round of games even.

I was looking at Cork there again today and they’ve a lot of duds playing. That game yesterday was a total joke.

Now i know Tipp have a few duds too, but I think Tipp have less duds than Cork do.

Win this and a Munster Final place is almost assured (Waterford to down tools) so worst case scenario Tipp meet Wexford or Dublin in an All Ireland Quarter Final.

Croke Park and Camden Street beckon.

2 Likes

Tis very rare a fella would draw Calum out.

About half the Cork scores in the first half came from a Waterford player hand passing the ball to a Cork man.

2 Likes

Irelands Premier Sports Radio show on Tipperary Mid West Radio said that Waterford ‘facilitated’ Cork’s victory every bit as much as Clare ‘facilitated’ Tipp’s win in Ennis last week. Hard to argue with it.

Ballygunner Hurling Club also came in for heavy criticism which was a bit unfair in my opinion.

He can take over when kiely steps down

Cark will win nathin. A pack of fanny merchants.

2 Likes

What’s the issue with Ballygunner? That their players don’t commit to Waterford or they don’t bring through enough of players of intercounty quality?

“They contribute nothing to Waterford hurling.”

Harsh in the sense that between the 2017 and 2020 All Ireland Final teams, Ballygunner had 7 individual starters - O’Keefe, Kenny, Coughlan, Mahony x2, Hogan & Hutchinson.

Ballygunner are no different to most other dominant club teams outside of Ballyhale - Crossmaglen, Kilcoo, Corofin etc,

You have other clubs then like Clonlara and Ballymun Kickhams who ‘contribute’ a lot to their counties, but totally underachieve themselves. Its a difficult balance.

A milk truck would turn quicker than most of the Tipp backs. Fancy Cork to exploit their lack of pace.

It’ll be 20 years and no hurling all Ireland for cork I’m afraid

Off the top of my head, is the current famine (17 years) the longest Cork have gone without winning a senior hurling All-Ireland?

The next longest gap I can remember is 1986-99.

They won it in 1990.

They did indeed. Was there a 12-year gap between 1954-66?

1903 to 1919 was the longest gap until last year.

1971 to 1989 for Tipp. Long time between drinks.