Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Lads talking about Cork hurling again, by God are we back to the Celtic Tiger?

It won’t be this year anyway. Next year dependent on how Limerick are really. Definitely think we’ll be serious contenders in 2025 and possibly next year too.

Tipp will ayte Cark. This three week break will be great for Limerick, they’re going hard since the middle of the league. They’ll be back with a vengeance I fear.

1 Like

Correct. They are still on track for going all the way.

1 Like

Ye boys have more faith in Limerick than their own blood.

It’s as easy an all Ireland as you’ll come across. The standard is very poor. Kilkenny v Galway was like an over 40s games. Light years away from the standard the two teams set ten or twelve years ago.

1 Like

Sure that was barely a shadow boxing game for them. Both pushed Limerick close last year and both look like they’ve improved panels this year.

Limerick could easily have both games won before half time.

Limerick were only going through the motions.

Ah ok, you’re just playing silly buggers again.

2 Likes

By what metrics do you compare the standard of 10 years ago with today, as a matter of interest?

1 Like

At no point did anybody ever believe Galway were going to beat Limerick. Not their fans, players or even manager.

Limerick had the game won on side 20 minutes and took the foot of the gas.

1 Like

The complete lack of interest by a teams own support.

Does anybody from tipp or cork think they’re a good team?

Does anybody think the current Galway and Kilkenny teams are as good as the ones who meet in a couple of finals ?

The standard is very poor.

The skill levels are higher than they’ve ever been.

Skill levels, speed of players, speed of thought, decision making and striking in general ahead of 10 years ago by miles

I doubt that. Way too much hand passing. A lot of the skills of the game are dead.

To be able to execute under the pressure of the modern game…wow!

Many of Clare’s key men were there in 2013. Cork and Kilkenny are relying on key forwards who are in their mid 30s. Galway are still relying on players who fell short in 2018 like Burke and mcinerney.

Tipp still have the likes of Noel McGrath and a couple of lads who were about 10 years ago.

If thinks had advanced so much like you say Limerick wouldn’t be lining up with 12/13 players from 2018.

I’d be guessing but I’d say that Covid had a massive impact on three or four generations of young players and they were just lost to the game.

We’ve barely had 3 really exciting young hurlers burst onto the inter county scene 2020.

Who are the three best young inter county hurlers to make their debut post 2020?

Ciaran Joyce probably tops the list.

Paidi Fitz Clare!

1 Like