Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It was actually Mul who done the damage!!!

A fucking Hall of Famer and Mul with more All Irelands, Munster and Leagues in his area pockets than this fraud of a lad.

2 Likes

That would be good, but seems unlikely given Waterford’s no-show at the weekend.

I think Cork were there to be got at if Waterford had turned up; really disappointing from them again.

They do have some talented players but their setup was way off the last day; no point playing a sweeper if you’re not going to bother marking.

1 Like

Idea for new GAA pre-game magazine show

Title: ‘Hip & Whip’, an eclectic mix of GAA chat and discussion

Intro: ‘Tonight, Tonight’ - Smashing Pumpkins, RTE have just licensed this seemingly

Presented, edited and produced by: Woolie with punditry from @peddlerscross & @BruidheanChaorthainn

-Analysis on the state of the game, (eg. up-and-coming players, falling standards, the handpass and The Split Season) as well as match previews

-Archive GAA footage feature each week chosen, edited and narrated by @Cheasty ; this can be game footage, pre-game and around the ground stuff from years gone by, interviews or a mix of all.

-A thought for the day to conclude each episode from Babs or Tom Ryan, Joe Brolly can take it up on football dominated weekends.

-There will be absolutely no footage shown of modern hurling, i.e. post 2018, as no one wants to see that shit, the only exceptions to this will be denoted ‘nice’ hurlers or pure ‘stickmen’ such as Jason Forde or Ozzy.

-‘How do they do it?’ segment where esteemed veterans such as TJ, Hoggie, Noel and Seamie descibe how handy the modern game is

-‘The Roast’ discussing the merits of modern defenders and systems based on how they would fare against a prime Eoin Kelly

-‘Eaten Alive’ chat on how forwards of the day would hang with JJ Delaney in his pomp

-‘Fuck Sake Ref’ Fergal Horgan in-studio to analyse the big calls (no in-game footage)

-‘ShowOurGameGrowourGame’
Ep 1:Una Healy & Brendan Maher meet Milan legends Guillit, Rijkard & Boban in Semple to show them the finer points of hurling

Ep 2:Darren Frehill and Clinton Morrison kick points in Croker

-‘Does it measure up?’, legends from days gone by compare hurleys with Aaron Gillane

-A tactical segment based loosely around the now defunct Sky post-match could be added, this could involve lads with current involvement like @Aristotle or @endakenny as well as prominent GAA writers like @Malarkey , however this would have to involve footage of modern hurling and therefore would be at a strong risk of being vetoed by the editorial team

-‘Hall of Fame’- Modern inductees, TJ, Hoggie, Noel, Seamie, Tony Kelly…then up goes the drawbridge

10 Likes

Waterford v Clare is likely to played out in front of Rob Ryan and a few journalists in Thurles next week. Its not even televised either so is unlikely to capture anyone’s attention.

Waterford will probably down tools anyway.

So far in Munster, of the 4 games, Waterford v Cork was a total non event, Limerick v Waterford was decent but hardly a classic, while the other two games weren’t televised and failed to capture the wider public’s attention.

The Tipp v Cork game isn’t televised either this weekend which is another total joke. I also dont like the fact that floodlights are needed for these games but that’s what you get I suppose playing it off in a blitz like format in late April/early May.

It never stops raining in Cork but I’ll defer to weather expert @BruidheanChaorthainn to advise on the forecast for this coming weekend.

1 Like

Tbf, Mul is an enforcer that showldered Coleman into oblivion and broke hurleys in Croke Park after Casey and Lynch had broken Cark spirits.

2 Likes

Also include how modern Corner backs would rack up the most possessions from braindead old school player lamping it down on top of them

1 Like

I’d watch that

1 Like

I’d agree that Derek McGrath actually did a relatively decent job with Waterford despite being viewed as a figure of ridicule on here. But Liam Cahill took them to an All-Ireland final and semi-final in successive years so I don’t agree with the idea that they’ve barely won a match of consequence since Derek left. They’ve beaten the likes of Kilkenny, Tipp, Galway, Clare and Cork in championship within the last 3 years.

2 Likes

Nobody is serious when they say these things. TFK isn’t real mate. Relax.

I would say the defeat to Dublin in 2009 was the original day that this occurred. This was supplemented by an embarrassing defeat to Carlow in the 2010 league. All of which occurred under the management of Colm Bonnar. There was a revival then due mainly to 3 U21 Leinster titles in succession. This has led us to the present day where Wexford are in a better place than 2010 but also in decline in comparison to the halcyon days of summer 2019.

3 Likes

And the next decline is due to the fact that that U21 team were the only green shoots of the last 12 years or so.

Surprised Cork aren’t making a change. I think it’s a serious mistake not to start Robbie or Eoin Downey.

2 Likes

O’Flynns pace surely would cause problems for Tipp.

1 Like

I think its a serious mistake to start Rob Downey.

1 Like

You’d be wrong

I’d have gone with both alright. It’s hard to drop a lad from a winning team but last week and this week will be a big step up, you should go with your best

He was the best man on the pitch the last day by a country mile. Wing back line plays to his strengths and hides his weaknesses.

It’s hard to drop a player from a winning team if you’re not a serious team. There is no way Cahalane should be starting ahead of Eoin Downey. Forde will make a fool of him

Robbie O’Flynn woukd surely cause Tipp a lot of problems at the back. He looked very, very sharp when he came on.

Just a very conservative team again.

Rob Downey is a ham.

1 Like

The Super 8 has ruined hurling? Sure only 8 counties take hurling seriously.