Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Thought Robbie looked rusty and not anywhere near top shape or speed. Plenty in him to pop over a couple of scores against da Blaas mind you.

It would be grand if 5 of the 8 didn’t have to play each other while the other 3 get a bye.

2 Likes

Ask any paramedic if you don’t.

There must have been a dramatic rise since 2021 when it was just half a percent.

1 Like

Much like the subtleties of tackling, the limerick’s attempted WUMs & put downs have become extremely watery.

Mother of Fuck :rollseyes:

That’s an insane comment without context
If they dropped him after playing his best ever game they may as well just tell him to fuck off, what sort of message would that send?

He played well the last day against a rabble of a Waterford team. However if Cork have any expectations of being at the silverware end of championship, then he needs to be dropped. The only attribute he has is his physical size. His hurling is slow, his movement is slow and he has a petulant streak which means he is a liability to see red and cost Cork the game.

His brother is a far superior operator to him.

5 Likes

Probably but also can’t drop him.

As I said, it would be ridiculous to drop him having picked him last week and his having f an excellent game,
Why is he on the panel at all in that case
Whether you think he’s worth the place or not is irrelevant, the people that matter do.
I’m not belittling your opinion, just pointing out that it was never even a 1% chance of happening

1 Like

Cant believe Cork are not starting Robbie Flynn to target lack of pace in Tipp backs. Crazy.

1 Like

For Pat Ryan and Corks sake maybe a roasting would be the best thing in the long term.

Why so?

He is a key player, returning from a serious injury. They are being understandably cautious

1 Like

It’s a big game for both teams - win and the season opens up for them and they are all but into the A/I series with serious momentum. Lose and they probably need to go and beat Limerick to progress.

2 changes to Cork team that has been named.

At this stage, Tipp would probably expect to beat Waterford and would have head-to-head over Clare even with a loss to Cork.

They’re probably in a slightly stronger position than Cork as we stand; as Cork on 4 would still have to go to Ennis & Limerick.

1 Like

ED & ROF?

I had heard that they were starting myself.

But Cork don’t do dummy teams, so that has me perplexed

Yeah.
CL & LM losing out.