Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He’s no Wunderkind thats for sure

Up with Donners at the rugby.

2 Likes

I think Eoin Kelly performed a similar job in the backroom team for Waterford U21’s in 2016. He must have something about him as a coach/motivator to be picking up those roles.

Wow

The Bomber needs to get back to basics and concentrate on his primary function which is to buy the sweets for the car journey in the Amber Service Station in Tipp Town.

8 Likes

Waterford have one win at U20 over the last 5 years, against Kerry I think? They’ll be looking at the same names on the team sheet for a while yet so sense in sticking with a manager they have no interest in playing for.

No as I said last week the six nations gets incredible interest and coverage.

If they moved to eight countries with two groups playing home and away over four months and put half the games on Muldoon and go nobody would watch and it would be forgotten very quickly.

What the gaa are doing is nearly like self harm.

I feel sorry for the mentors of the young teams in Waterford trying to compete with soccer and rugby for their attention.

Is Gazzy on the ticket this time?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

The tactics from Waterford had to be seen to be believed. Either everyone back behind the 65 and no out ball or 10 Waterford players up past the opponents 65 and no space to do anything and nothing else really in between. To compound it their keepers long puckouts were terrible.

They were gifted about 7 or 8 of their first half scores by the ref or sloppy stuff from Clare leading to steps, throw ball etc. Nearly every shot they worked was a man shooting from 50 yards under pressure or 80 yards pot shots.

Just like his latter years with Clare it makes for awful spectacle. Clare managed the game well and won it without having to overexert themselves, Kelly and O’Donnell had some wonderful passages of play which lit up an otherwise unremarkable game.

3 Likes

I dont think so but not 100% sure.

Gazzy must be in his 80’s.

Clare let them have nearly every puckout short in the first half.

Waterford were blowing out their arses after 30 minutes today too. You can’t play that constant recycling/40 yard support runs unless you have the fitness and mobility to do it. Numerous Waterford players down stretching out their calves and trying to stave off cramp early ish in the second half too in a game that was a good few licks off high championship pace

4 Likes

Despite the extra 10 minutes in the dressing room…

2 Likes

Initially they were seeking out contact against a much bigger team. I don’t think any one of their players won their matchup

It would appear that Davy Fitz has jumped the shark and believes that he has to do something that’s non conventional almost for the sake of it.

I got it with Wexford. We needed something different but he has a squad with Waterford and he’s turned them into a circus.

His total disregard for sports science seems to be coming back to bite now too.

2 Likes

‘I’m f**king going no place’: Davy Fitz remains defiant after Waterford exit

The headline on The42 says it all.

1 Like

Joe Canning must have a sore throat from repeating this point on the wireless today whole we got a break fron Michael Corcoran

1 Like

Would have been interesting if they reported what the member of the Clare camp actually said to him. I doubt Davy would have liked to answer any questions about that.

Cc @Bod95 you can log this to your spreadsheet of @peddlerscross predictions.

1 Like