Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He has it down to a fine art

I’d agree with you there. There was an Irish times article last week about him being a hard edged manager or something like that. Now he gets his team’s playing some great stuff, but if say he has a lifespan of two or maybe three seasons managing a team, after that the wheels will come off.

It’s clear he mismanaged waterford last year and I wouldn’t have any problem with the players for pushing back.

He is actually a sound skin, wouldn’t be like that to anyone involved on the Clare side.

Bevans id say is the brains in fairness.

1 Like

I like some of his principles.

For instance when one player won a TG4 MOTM award after an Under 20 game in 2019, and then rocked on to training wearing pink shorts the next week, Cahill absolutely let rip and let it be clear, that nobody was to wear pink shorts again and only official Tipperary gear would be tolerated.

That kind of military approach is good i think but he overdoes the bad cop stuff.

3 Likes

I think Cahill is lacking a small bit of cop on or cuteness maybe that you need to really succeed.

I remember he publically had a cut off Stephen Bennett and it was on camera. It looked terrible. I thought to myself at that time - John Kiely would never be caught out like that.

3 Likes

Yeah. He can clearly prepare some fantastic teams, but constant hardass stuff will have a lifespan.

On Waterford, maybe this year might be something like the famous beating we got off tipp in 2010, that might prompt a few Waterford hurling men to get involved and do something about it.

2 Likes

Spot on.

1 Like

What? :joy:

1 Like

An awful lot.

Puts the ‘I am’ in simian.

They were boggled by the ultra confident stupidity.

“Ultra confident stupidity”

Give it over you cunt @Malarkey

Maybe wrong phrasing, but should be clear enough what I mean. As I said, he prepares fantastic teams who play a brilliant style, but you can’t go flat to the mat non-stop. If he doesn’t moderate his approach it will always have a relatively short lifespan before it grinds to halt like it did in Waterford. He does get teams playing really well though so perhaps he’ll have won plenty by the time that happens, or maybe he’ll learn from the Waterford experience.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that Kiely has Limerick playing with the Handbrake pulled from time to time? :joy:

1 Like

Love it – and love even more the kinesis.

A moron hero worshipping an ultra confident moron.

Any time you want a few brain cells, I will post you a tissue.

2 Likes

You’re a gas man.

Have a read of @ChairmanDan’s post above above the breakdown it should be relatively clear what I’m talking about.

You’re talking absolute shite

2 Likes

Perhaps and perhaps, Hiberno English idiom.

Being the afflatus, intellect wise, of brain flatuence… A genetic mishap and a condition.

You will always be stupid. And your best day will be being so effervescently stupid as to hero worship a grasping mercenary gobshite.

But there we are, bless.

1 Like

Ok so. It’s impossible to understand how Waterford blew up last year and if the same approach is taken again I’m sure it won’t happen again.