Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I think the Shane O’Donnell return from injury story is one of the good GAA stories of recent years. Exciting player to watch.

2 Likes

Shane O Donnell is an outstanding man off the pitch, a pleasure to be in the company of. However his diving is an awful tarnish on a fine sporting career.

I’d wager the whole diving / simulation thing that we see from the Clare players in general, is a subconscious action borne out of their mental frailty.
They just dont fully believe in their lesser selves. When they feel a free is there to be bought they take it ,instead of relying on ability. It probably stems from years of being the whipping boys of munster.

SOD won an all star last year on the back of a good performance against waterford who had already checked themselves out of the championship by that stage…
He was poor in the Munster final, crap in the quarter final and didn’t hurl in the semi final.he has had more poor matches than good for Clare.

MOTM v Wexford and probably the only Clare hurler who carried any kind of fight to Kilkenny hitting 4 points. MOTM v Tipp and Waterford too

12 Likes

Good man. Did you watch any hurling last year?

5 Likes

He started to hurl against kilk wen the game was over.fair play.

You said he didn’t hurl. Now you are saying he only hurled when the game was over. Make up your mind

2 Likes

When was that wonder score gotten in the game?

There is always a bias in selection to players that are aesthetically pleasing on the eye. However, that should not detract from lads like SOD, whose appetite for tackling, turning over, winning possession are as key to success as those more pleasing on the eye.

3 Likes

I remember posting at the time that the motm award for the Wexford game was an odd media pick, he wasn’t really in the game until two flashes towards the end I thought. Super player but does seem a media favourite, didn’t think he merited an all star last year. Has started this year really well.

Anyone want to throw up when hegarty went down like your man in platoon?

2 Likes

The great mystery of GGA stadium capacity continues. Haven’t seen Thurles posted at 46k before. Maybe a few auld barriers fell over so they can squeeze a few more fellas in.

Point is he didn’t hurl well enough to get an all star

Agreed a great bit of stuff. Many of @thelimericks wouldn’t have been following the hurling when he had his breakthrough so they wouldn’t have the same respect as yourself, myself and the other real hurling men would have

5 Likes

Conor Cooney must be the most beautiful man alive.

1 Like

But he did and did get an all star :confused:

1 Like

@Ceist what is the capacity of Semple Stadium?

The current capacity of Semple Stadium is approximately 53,500.

1 Like

The Health & Safety lads had brought it down to 44k but I’m seeing somewhere now it could be 46,500 for Sunday.

The Old Stand is an accident waiting to happen down under underneath at the Killinan End side.