Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It badly needs a revamp

You are taking your life in your hands going in for a wee. I never drink before a match if I’m sitting in the old stand.

1 Like

It would be ok if there was more space underneath at that end of the Old Stand. The toilet at that end is tiny and is a deathtrap at half time.

They’re caught for space as that end of the stand backs onto a private residence

1 Like

They announced plans to revamp it a few years but that has all been put on hold as GAA HQ or the Exchequer pulled the plug on funding. Walsh Park & Casement Park are the priority for the time being.

There is only one decent GAA stadium in Munster - Cork. The rest are a mish mash of problems.

Its dead in the water for the medium term as far as I know.

That’s an interesting take. It’s not all that long ago Clare were in a not dissimilar situation that Waterford find themselves in today. Underage all but abandoned, mayhem going on with County Board, Lohan cutting padlocks off gates to train teams and now I agree that there’s something very admirable about how this Clare set up are handling themselves. Obviously silverware will measure success but what’s happened in Clare in the last 5/6 years with ClubClare, the apparent sorting out of County Board stuff and generally their hurling style should give hope to Waterford but also should show that moaning about it won’t make a jot of difference today, tomorrow or any other time. Positive action does reap rewards in a few years and Clare are going to show that pretty soon I’ll wager

7 Likes

I said it at the time here and once or twice since. Limerick were so badly bate in that game the ref gave them a load of handy frees as there was nothing riding on it. He went too far though and momentum took over.

4 Likes

And fellas wonder then it cost a few quid…

I wonder could that work in other counties looks at own county ruefully

It won’t be very long until we are heading to KK v LS matches wondering what the outcome is going to be

1 sending off or 2?

1 Like

In the Taillteann cup?

Your tears are still delicious

9 Likes

I dunno if I mentioned it but he’s been in a nawful way since the RWC. Its hard believe its that time of the 4 year cycle again actually. Time flies.

The Tpps and Corks and Galways smell a bit of blood… Limerick bate and Finn out for the year. The vultures are starting to circle… I hope they haven’t misjudged things.

That particular chap finds it very hard on the end of the Limerick wifes leash.

2 Likes

Considering the shit show that is the KK county board I wouldn’t rule that out as our only future hope

1 Like

@thelimericks are hopping like suasages in the hot pan now so they are :fire:

Some fella will get violently e attacked here now shortly

Ah yeah. And the rest is history as the man says.