Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Check out the mainstream meeja LSHC fixtures and you’ll be back boiling your piss.

Yes.

1 Like

And now can go and not miss the club season

The last two weekends I’ve been in pubs in the heartland of Wexford GAA after matches. None of them were showing the GAA matches. It was all Super Sunday on screen. Forest v Man United ruled the roost over Tyrone v Monaghan yesterday which was slightly disappointing. I haven’t seen any footage of this supposed cracker up in Omagh yet.

Stick it on the 900’s with Babestation and all those adult channels. Be great scenes when auld roasters have to explain to the wife why there’s a scantly clad woman prancing around their television screen.

I’ve bad news for you

Not enough airspace?

1 Like

Another myth that Sky left over the split season. Sky actually tried to extend their deal with more big matches and some league games. The Gaa said no to more matches and Sky walked. Awful move by the Gaa in my opinion.

Certainly the case for any kids doing the Junior and Leaving Cert anyway. The peak Championship season smack bang in the middle of the College and Summer Exams too. I’m a dual club player who in theory probably benefits from it but I have to admit the inter-county championships don’t seem to garnering the same attention as pre split-season. There’s not much of a buzz to proceedings.

3 Likes

Correct club players have barely picked up Hurleys until two weeks ago. Then you’ve exam breaks and holidays/j1s with the blitz taking place in august.

The gap between club and county players will grow even greater now. Retention of players between 19 and 23 for clubs will become much tougher as well.

Will Wexford bring 500 fans to Salthill on Saturday?

You know have semi pro inter county players
Dropping back into the club game against players who aren’t trained to anywhere the same level.

It happened in the AIL maybe ten years ago and it was a disaster. Obviously wouldn’t be as bad in gaa but still not good.

I know one thing the split season has been great for and that’s junior soccer.

Outline your ideal club season so?

Loads of Munster hurling championship games took place when i was doing my leaving cert.

Probably more Wexford fans there for the memorable comeback win in the 2017 league. The day Davy told everyone to chill the beans.

Ah I’d doubt that now. I’ve been back hurling since February. Probably different in Limerick to be fair.

I’ve heard of an intermediate football team last year who didn’t play in their league at all and regrouped in June /July to start training for their championship. Everyone else was back 4 months before them. They were waiting for their main county to come back and ended up winning their group.

Yeah but you had to repeat the Leaving six times.

3 Likes

@BruidheanChaorthainn is cleaning house

1 Like

It will take time for it to bed in with the casual punter, maybe a few years, but if you have what the people want, they’ll be there.

Re hurling, Limerick obviously outstanding but…

Tipp fans don’t accept this team…this isn’t their team. They adored that 07 minor backboned team.

Waterford, their time has passed, it was 17’

Clare, bagged an AI but largely squandered a golden generation comparable with Limerick

Cork, only just starting to produce outstanding players again

KK, don’t really have the punch up front to keep Limerick honest and Limerick have twigged that now

Galway, outstanding team from around 12 to 17 gone, leaders ageing

Wexford, being carried by same crop of lads that are pushing on

If that Cork team wind up as good as they looked at 20s, you’ll sell out Croke Park twice over for a ‘passing of the torch final’ with Limerick. An Offaly revival or a Kildare breakthrough would help too.

If the landscape is right, it’ll be money

2 Likes