Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Change of keeper for Tipp.

Four changes from Cork game

Starting Cahalane is a strange enough decision - on one hand, he is very much a Pat Ryan type player in terms of how industrious he is, on the other hand, I don’t actually think he has shown anything to suggest he is actually at this level in terms of quality.

Otherwise, SOD starts and Millerick loses out - even if he is playing better than Downey/TOC, both match up better against the Clare half-backs.

Forwards seem to have the balance PR is looking for with scorers (Lehane/Horgan) and industry with a bit of scoring (everyone else). Lehane looks more likely to trouble the scoreboard than Barrett currently.

I don’t particularly like the team personally but it’s hardly a bizarre starting 15. CC starting is a bit out of the leftfield, and you’d say TOM should probably start ahead of Roche, but they’ve obviously decided to back the young lads Roche and TOC through thick and thin. It’s hard to say they’ve been overwhelmingly conservative when they’ve given BR/TOC more chances than they arguably deserve.

The bigger issue is we still have the likes of Horgan, Lehane and Fitzgibbon starting but I don’t think we’ve seen much, yet, from the bench to suggest they should be dropped. Power played alright in the league, him and the likes of Ethan Twomey look a year off still, maybe more in Twomey’s case.

I’d expect us to lose by 4-5 points, Clare have much better balance in their team, are in great form and will have a say in the AI overall imo.

1 Like

No I’m saying the players the management keep picking have been proven to not be good enough.

Who have they missed out on exactly?

Why? He didn’t play well against Tipp. His brother wasn’t great either but did at least do well against Waterford.

Having seen both selections, particularly the bizarre Tipperary effort, I’d expect a reasonably comfortable Limerick win on Sunday.

I think the lad in Wing Back Connolly has the materials to be an excellent midfielder in time.

O’Donoghue had to come back in for Cork, Millerick has been middling so far so I’m not shocked that he’s left out, Eoin Downey will have his day but he was well bate last day out, I’d certainly have made room for Timmy O’Mahony but in Ryan we trust

15 plus points

Connolly? Are you mixing him up with Ciarán Connolly from Loughmore (another of our out injured for the year players)?

3 Likes

It appears so :joy:

I couldn’t imagine Eoghan Connolly midfield. Good strong lad but pace (unsurprisingly with Tipp) could be an issue

Is he not the lad who played u21 and took a year off and went travelling with O’Mara due to Boris Bonnar?

You spoon :joy:

No. That was Ciarán. He would be starting for Tipp this year only he is injured. We’ve at least two starters out for the year.

Heffernan, Browne, Connolly and Morgan

Is that his championship debut? Big call if so

If Limerick can’t beat Tipp on Sunday tis all the one.

The Tippos are very excited.

serious fear emanating from Limerick. The fear it may be over. It’s obviously not but damn it if a man can’t help what’s deep inside