Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I’d assume Meade and Fitzgibbon will switch with Fitz at 11.

David Mc to pick up Harnedy, Ryan on Dalton.
Cleary to take Horgan, Hayes on Lehane and Hogan on Cahalane.

Be interesting to see how their backs out against us. Who will take David Fitz? Assume O’Leary will be designated to take Kelly, if so I’d expect him to operate out around centre forward. Duggan v Cahalane inside and Rodgers v O’Donoghue.

Think both Cork wing backs can be got at by SOD, Aidan Mc and Fitz carrying ball. Clare will have no problem asking Ryan to push on and forcing Dalton to track him if they want Dalton to drift back the field.

1 Like

If Cahalane starts, he will pick up Kelly, if/when he moves out field

I wouldn’t rule out 4 teams in Munster ending on 5 points yet.

Clare v Cork - Draw
Tipp v Limerick - Limerick

Tipp v Waterford - Tipp
Limerick v Cork - Draw

He’s some ape :joy:

Limerick will beat tipp easy and suck the life out of this championship on Sunday.

Who would play full back then in that case? Downey to drop back from wing back?

A faux pas.

What section were you in that day bud?

1 Like

Conor not Damian

Conor Cahalane on Tony Kelly? That’s lunacy. Kelly could spend a lot of time very close to goal and drift out.
Cahalane can’t defend in any position in any case

If CC was there to man mark TK then Millerick would be the one starting.

Is the Cork v Clare match a 2pm throw in or 1.45?

2pm

Clare seem to take the tactic with Kelly that if a team puts a corner back on him they move him out the field while if a middle third player is detailed to him he spends a lot of time inside.

3 Likes

The extra 15 minutes would have made a big difference to people watching that in the pubs in Thurles and then attending the Tipp match.

There’ll be some rush on the turnstiles.

You’d imagine that’s exactly what will happen.

Bonner could be told to “tag” Nash too.

He doesn’t have the legs for that

Cork will be bet by double figures.

1 Like

Cork got very lucky with the timing of the late goals against Tipp.
Up to that point Tipp had responded well to every Cork score and should really have been out of sight. I’d fancy Clare to beat them.

2 Likes

That performance against Tipp was dreadful overall. Great heart to sneak out a draw but very lucky to have been still in touch to have that chance.

I only hope it is a dummy team named.