Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Gone for ‘Ball winners’ in the HF line with Meade roaming around the middle, then unleash the bench with 20 to go.

A bold strategy Cotton, let’s see how that plays out for them.

Tipp need to play 3 inside and keep Nash honest.

Hopefully the full forward line, lines out as selected (three snipers in Cooper Helmets cc @Aertel220) and Noel McGrath/Bonner switch. I’d be happy enough if that was the case.

Cahill is a great man to prepare a team (which is a huge step up on Colm Bonnar last year), but I wouldn’t have much confidence in him tactically. He kept trying the same thing with Waterford v Limerick and Waterford had better players then than Tipp have now.

3 Likes

I think he had to go man for man and bank that limerick aren’t a goal getting team and try and stop limerick at source rather than trying to deploy an extra man in defence to overcome a lack of pace back there.

I was impressed with their swarm tackling and tactical fouling v Clare in Ennis. Did a very good job of stopping Clare breaking tackles and getting their running game going and stopped them building momentum in the second half.

You would think that limerick will have enough but if Tipp are bold enough and limerick not not their usual level it will be there for them but they need big performances all over the field.

2 Likes

Who will be on frees for Tipp?

Noel McGrath hopefully but probably O’Connor.

The very best of luck to our tipp residents tomorrow… It’s not so significant for you as a win the next day sees you through… But a big game all the same

I hope the sound Tipp boys like @caulifloweredneanderthal , @johnnysachs , @Fat_Pox have a good day out.

Still n’all - Fuck Tipp

5 Likes

WE ARE GOING TO DO IT.

FUCK LIMERICK.

PS are you going? I’m picking a friend up in Kildare. Driving up and down tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’ll be with Ger Downes… I should be around from 2.15 watching the other match.

What stand/ terrace ye in?

Tell Ger I said hello… And tell him I said FUCK LIMERICK

Sound buddy. Its been a, lets say, eventful week with the childer. I found myself nodding in agreement and familiarity with a post of yours earlier. Tomorrow is all about escapism. A few beers, watch the Cork Clare game, grab my old spot on the Killinan and soak it all in. Hopefully we can stick with ye down the stretch and avoid our annual implosion. We probably have a safety net the following week but no Tipperary man, woman or child will be thinking of that. We will be looking for the jugular tomorrow.

1 Like

How do you kill a circus? Go for the juggler

1 Like

The Dome bedt place to watch Clare v Cark?

Looking forward to tomorrow. Munster final type atmosphere with a packed Thurles. My first time in the town end since the munster final replay in 91.

5 Likes

Hitting to it tomorrow and giddy. A pre match parade would be great

2 Likes

Town End myself tomorrow pal, with junior. A sporting weekend

1 Like

Yeah, really gets the hair standing

1 Like

Predictions for tomorrow:

Clare by 4+
Limerick by 7+

There is a fucking serious need to reintroduce a pipe band to these occasions.

Fellas go on about x, y and z with the split season, but every time I hear that cunt of a version of the anthem coming over the speakers I die a little.

They need to sort out bringing back the pipe bands stat.

18 Likes

Problem is, you do it for one you have to do it for em all