Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

She’s a shit stirrer

Two players trying to field a ball & he makes contact on the helmet. An incident whilst in Play.
Card him, yes.

Many defenders use any advantage possible under dropping ball, it’s a man’s game.

My point about Quaid feigning injury to halt opposition momentum is seriously rattling the Limerick’s.

Barrett took a blow to the head and eventually left the field. Flanagan should be embarrassed with his carryon whilst his management direct their GK to act injured.

The Limerick’s could at least acknowledge this behaviour.

There’s no protection out there for Limerick players! The refs are turning a blind eye to the blackguarding they’re getting…

Did RTE show Hego being rubby tackled to the ground in the opening couple of minutes? The linesman looking at it and turns away. Kiely went ballistic.

3 Likes

Look mate, you needed a program at one of your own clubs games.

Ha Ha good aul laugh eh….

1 Like

Excuse me now. The amount of lads that have gone to ground like they were shot, ripping off the helments when playing against Limerick over the last few years is laughable. Whinge away for yourself.

4 Likes

Name any other Keepers?

It’s not a whinge. It’s an observation and it’s hurting feelings of some as it’s true.

Limerick don’t need to cheat.

To be fair to Barrett that stop on Flanagan towards the end on his hands and knees was fantastic defending. He always gives everything. You’d love to have him on your team. The cunt

12 Likes

Barrett dropped his head into morrissey in his usual shithousery way to win a free, came 2nd. Flanagan was probably calling him a fanny because he is.

2 Likes

Agree. Game changer. Near Nickie like v Cork

It was brilliant. I was right behind it… He’s a fantastic defender for a cunt.

2 Likes

It looked like Barrett was trying some serious shithousery at that stage. He’d been on the ground for ages wasting time. Then he took his helmet off to try and get the play stopped. Then he jumped into that challenge to get a free and was down again.

But I actually think he got ko’d the first time. He hopped himself off the ground after jumping into the tackle. When he took the helmet off the second time he didn’t know where he was I reckon.

Also think Byrne’s was out of it for 20 mins after the tackle in the first half. Looking forward to Sheedys analysis of it tonight. Few slo Mo’s lined up no doubt.

GAA needs to do better on concussion

4 Likes

He’s the best of them.

He was mad to go back out after being subbed the second time as well, Cahill nearly had to restrain him on the sideline. A warrior.

4 Likes

Yes. He got a right wallop the first time by launching himself and met morrisseys shoulder. I agree once agaon the GAA is behind everyone else regarding concussion

Was sat directly in front of that. Linesman was looking directly at it. Madness.

Same when he went for a high ball. Elbow into the back twice, ever so slightly nudged beyond flight of the ball.

You’re always going to try get away with these things and tipp did. Hego unfortunately can’t seem to get beyond them, has been dragged down figuratively and literally

2 Likes

Sham Flan is some cunt…

Hard to know what to make of that. Was super confident they’d get it right after the three week break and address the issues.

But some big names not firing. Lynch isn’t right I don’t think. Hego seems to have gone off the boil completely although he spends the game with a fella on his back every day and can’t seem to get a free. Mike Casey was roasted red raw. Morris is as good as he will meet in fairness but he looked exposed in corner back.

Think Hego will have to be dropped you’d understand completely letting him try to play his way into form given what he has done in the past. But it’s not happening for him and someone else deserves a shot.

English will have to come in corner back. He was lifting in the league and I would have no major concern on his defending but he just isn’t as good on the ball as the rest of them. Finn an awful loss. No way Morris scores 5 from play if he was there.

We are over playing the ball now in the middle instead of letting it in. Sometimes it’s like we pass because we think should instead of it serving a purpose. Passing to a lad in no better position or even in a worse position instead of letting it in.

And yet, sometimes it’s just really small stuff. Ball breaks in the middle and it breaks away from the Limerick lad instead of toward him. When for the last three years it was popping up into his hand.
The shots that were going over are dropping short or drifting wide.

I reckon, if they survive to see it, they’ll have a day where it all goes their way and look imperious again having changed very little.

In a way they were lucky to get a draw. They were behind the whole match. But fucking hell they butchered some chances. Barrett with that great intervention. Hego not tapping it over. Gillane free wide. Byrne’s radar off all game. Hannon drops one short. Mul missed a handy one. Himself and Gillane butchered another score between them. Another day they all go over and you win by 5 or 6 and Limerick are back.

No need to panic yet. But changes needed and my confidence is slightly dented.

Cork will bring it all next week. A chance to not only go through but to knock us out in the bargain and open the whole thing right up.

It’s wide open as it is. 4 teams in Munster and 2 in Leinster have very realistic chances of winning it. Limerick clearly not the unbeatable team people were hyping before it started.

Great day out. Thurles in the sun. Two great games. Few pints. Munster championship. Can’t beat it.

We go again

16 Likes

The helmet interference thing is a cod. Adam Hogan had his helmet ripped off in front of the umpire. Ref’s response was to give Horgan a retake of the free he missed. Is it not still a red card in the rulebook when you do it?

4 Likes

It’s a red card.

Tis like the black card. Tis only a pretend rule