Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It’s one of those disappearing rules we tend to lose players to when they’re first introduced

I agree…I myself think Cian lynch’s place could be in trouble.thats three bad games on the bounce by him.Peter Casey made a big impact wen he came on instead of him.

All the subs had a big impact I thought. Boylan was a nuisance and made himself known. Casey was nipping about, English looked assured and Mul had the biggest impact of the lot.

2 Likes

In other news it was a funny old vibe before hand both the Limerick and Tipp crowd wanted Clare to win and their scores were being heartily cheered while Corks scores brought a deathly silence.

I was in the queue in the dome for a pint and a fella in a Limerick top comes in behind me. The queue was going nowhere fast so I said I’d engage him in polite conversation. You could watch the Clare game from the queue so it wasn’t too bad. Anyway Kelly scores that great goal. So I turned to him and said, some goal wasn’t it. And got nothing back off him. A few minutes later I tried again with something else and nothing. Fuck this ignorant cunt anyway I says and left him at it. Few minutes later he goes up and orders in French. :joy: Poor cunt didn’t know what I was saying to him.

Speaking of bandwagoners. Tipp lad beside me was outraged when the took Callinan off again after the blood sub in the first half. How are they taking him off, he’s only just on! One of his friends had to pull him aside and explain the blood sub rule while we all laughed at him

6 Likes

Spot on.

CON had a decent game and hit some fine scores. I think he’ll be retained.
Lynch is too big. Too much bulk - he has lost a half yard.
Hego is literally being rode. But he’s mentally off it - give him the day off and hope we progress and he can find form later.

That was a much welcome shower at the end, even my Turkish head was boiling.

1 Like

I’m burnt alive. Twas sweltering heat. Thank fuck I remembered my cap or my dome would be pink for the week

1 Like

I thought quaid looked unwell.

1 Like

You’d feel for the chap, he has Limerick’s spreading rumours of the man leaving the panel & all sorts trying to get a rise on the Internet.

He has defenders riding rough shot all over him & then these weird rumours. Even Dowling was raging at the carryon…

He must be wondering how the fuck do you get any joy from it?

1 Like

No offence chief but do you expect every shot to go over?

I think you are being overly harsh on them. Hitting wides whilst under pressure happens.

Hego scores and it was a great decision.

Byrnes got some massive scores too but ye say he hit bad wides. :man_shrugging:

You could nearly understand how the fun would go out of the whole thing for those lads with that kind of scrutiny being placed on them by their own.

I heard Hannon walked tonight. Big bust up management.

2 Likes

Few people saying it’s reminiscent of KK 2013 (On here and elsewhere) I reckon there’s plenty in the tank yet. The stake should have been put through the heart today.

Tipp are great to watch, which I’m obviously not ecstatic about saying.

Limerick hit 57% of chances today. Tipp hit 70%. I’m not saying they all need to go over. Just one more out of any one of 6 or 7 good chances. You fairly aggressively missed the point there to be fair to you.

This team owe us nothing. They were applauded off the field tonight. We know we are blessed to have witnessed what we have

1 Like

I don’t know. I think it’s the natural decline. Happens all teams. The sharpness just doesn’t seem to be there. Other teams have worked us out after five years. It was a great journey.

Ha!

The posts are verbatim, just different counties. Today was the day to eliminate Limerick.

Any word on Nicky?

They arent going anywhere. In a few months theres a good chance we will be praising them for timing their run to perfection.

3 Likes

Easy say that when no one has beaten them in a knockout game since 2019 :grinning:

:100: pal. I mentioned here earlier that I thought my father was done with matches and I don’t think he has many years left of going one way or the other. He wouldn’t ever get too hyped up about a Tipp team (he compares everything to the team of the early 60s). He would think the current crop are probably somewhat limited and felt that as long as we kept Limerick honest, he’d be happy. He was beaming with the effort Tipp put in. Honesty of effort, hard work. The two essentials.

11 Likes

He’ll be fine. Stomach bug.

Totes.

Was in Nowlan Park yesterday. Gruesome enough, with no fields available for growth.

I don’t know which Munster team I’d pick to give Limerick a rattle (probably Tipp, over Clare) but at least we have a bit of competition. Jake Morris is the Truth.

1 Like