Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Just seeing the faceguard there, he was lucky.

Limerick had a sitter of a goal to win it if they passed it to Casey last minute.

1 Like

Our half back line seem to have given up passing the ball to gillane for whatever reason.

2 Likes

What was that last free for? :smile:

My opinion - fuck in 2 or 3 of the younger brigade and throw the sink at Cork next week.

Ye are looking at 3rd now and would have a break if ye down Cork. But winning with lads underperforming wont help in a QF in Thurles against likely KK or GY.

I still think ye have the whip hand but the malaise wont be corrected by trying to see lads play themselves into form.

4 Likes

Jaysus, they are really dragging it out interviewing the players, do they get a few pound for it?

Bonnar’s handpass?

:laughing::laughing: Barrett has a few fellas rightly rattled.

2 Likes

Great atmosphere in the shed in Ennis today - was in early and was at the back wall right on the 65. Cork came looking for goals early and could easily have had three in the opening ten minutes. Their forwards had the Clare backs in all sorts of bother, Lehane was pulling Conlon all over and he looked flustered, David Mc struggled with Dalton’s positioning and whether to follow or hold his ground. Cork were pinging balls in on top of Harnedy and he was just too crafty in his movements, at least four scores came from him.

Hogan was switched into Lehane and out hurled him, Hayes started to get the better of Hoggy and Conlon sat and held the middle and Clare found a bit of composure. Then Cleary makes shit of his shoulder, when I saw Morey come on, I assumed they were going to switch Hayes onto Harnedy which would have been suboptimal. Instead the youngest man on the pitch was moved back and I’d say won 9 of the next 10 balls some of them with 3 or 4 yards ahead of Harnedy and even the one Harnedy won and Cork got a free from Hogan actually won it initially won it with no Hurley and his teammate messed up and he had to foul. Cork’s attacking platform fizzled out without Harnedy as the focal point.

Conlon after a poor opening 15 really came into it and was excellent there after. Diarmuid Ryan was superb throughout in everything he did and a deserved match winner at the end.

Kelly was outstanding in the first half, just a pleasure to watch in full flow. We will do well to see the likes of him again. Clare were excellent in that second quarter - blew cork away

Cork I thought battled hard but they just have too many average hurlers in the middle third. Thought their backs had a good second half but Downey, O’Connell don’t have the hurling to give quality ball under pressure and too many lads that if it isn’t a hand pass off the shoulder then they don’t really function.

David Fitz hit three points today yet looked completely disinterested especially when cork had the ball while Aidan Mc didn’t look right either. We will need more from them the next day. Free taking still an issue too - McCarthy is very good from the 65 in but struggles with the longer ones.

Ian Galvin may as well throw his hat at it too - Lohan simply doesn’t rate him. Very harshly subbed I thought.

8 Likes

When he’s on one Clare are very hard to stop. He can do it all himself if necessary

Agreed. O’Brien deserves a shot from the bench at least. Though tbf Mul changed the game when he came on. And Boylan was involved too.

Hegarty is was and always will be a legend. But he literally offered nothing today. So subbing him out had a big impact.

1 Like

Our bence got us that draw

3 Likes

Something wrong with Inagh lads. Tony Carmody was just as frustrating as David Fitz in almost the exact same way. Crazy athleticism and no aggression. Loads of ability but weirdly disinterested.

Yeah, I made the point last year that it was probably Lohan’s finest piece of management to get 4 or 5 consistent performances from Fitz last year. He has it all but can be awfully frustrating

They are mad enough bunch. I’d be friends with Haulie Vaughan from there. A decent hurler in his time.

Two all stars and a BAFTA

2 Likes

Don’t forget Kiely & Kinnerick for Best Director & Screenplay

Am I nor right in thinking that the loser of Limerick Vs Cark goes out if tipp beat Waterford?

Correct

Brilliant minor in his time. The McCarthys are different I think. Also a bit mad but plenty of grit.