Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

That was some performance from Horgan, albeit I only saw the first half and the highlights. There’s been lads writing him off the last three years, it’s better he’s getting.

1 Like

It’s a straight knock out for third. Waterford won’t beat Tipp. A draw is no good for Limerick either

He was a good rugby player too.

They are mountain men. Mad as brushes

1 Like

He was fucking useless for the vast majority of the game.

4 Likes

The only way Tipp go out is if they lose to waterford by 7 or more and the Cork Lim match finishes a draw.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Hardly the time for throwing a few young lads in for the craic.

That poster has some complex about aging, very strange

Ball in hand he was very good, but once he had to try and get out in front and win 50/50 balls Rory Hayes bate him up a stick.

Took his goal well in fairness

2 Likes

1-3 from play, you’re clearly wrong.

2 Likes

You didn’t watch the game.

3 Likes

He’s never going to lose his skills but cork are carrying him at this stage.

I just telt you I watched half it. Any player scoring 1-3 from play has had a good game.

2 Likes

1-3 from play. Yeah Rory Hayes beat him to a few balls fair play to him but Hoggy scored a lot, won a bit of his own ball and contributed to other scores too. Also scored pressure frees.

That was an absolutely brilliant afternoon in front of the TV. I half got sunstroke yesterday at the Stockport match. Had 2 pints after and was slurring my speech wondering how I could possibly have been so drunk. This meant I didn’t get nice weather guilt this afternoon. Watched 2 epic hurling matches and then the heino cup as the cherry on top. Lovely.

4 Likes

Was less his wides than where his head was at I was more annoyed at.

He dived towards the end trying to milk a free, was pathetic and I hate seeing it. Then he plays that handpass at the end that was obvious as the sun.

He still scored some great scores bit it’s the brain that’s not up to speed that’d have you frustrated more than his wides

Byrnes had an absolute nightmare in the first half. While better in the second he still made a share of mistakes. He seemed incredibly jittery whatever was up with him.

You’d hear some gas stories about the mother. She used to be training camogie teams and to end the session she’d take off running and the girls weren’t allowed to go home until they caught her. She’d be hiding inside of bushes and everything and they’d hear her shouting at them if they passed her out. Whatever her methods she produced two serious hurlers in the sons.

10 Likes

Agreed. His touch at times was appalling.
And then had a big moment.
Then he’d fall
Then he dived.

And repeat.

Talk about mixed bag

What was the agro at the end about?