Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I’m a huge admirer of O’Brien but he wasn’t exceptional in the last couple of u20 games. Adam English would be more likely to start if they were looking at something like that. Very much doubt it will happen anyway.

If they want to move Kyle forward, Dan would probably move to wing back with English and Casey in full back line. Unlikely I’d say.

1 Like

I think if you want an inside forward then O’Brien would be worth a go simply for his size and would be more of an outball . English is a lovely hurler but probably needs to play a loose/floating role to get him into the game at this level til he is a bit more experienced.

2 Likes

Four scores we got directly from him in first half (sideline cut and 3 frees). He was rolling back the years. I think a few lads here wrote his obituary the other day. Hope he can recover in time for next week.

Delighted for Bowe too @carryharry. His confidence could have been dented after Cork game but came on and score three big, crucial points.

1 Like

Nothing major, unless the ref makes some specific reference to it in his report

1 Like

As in “he called me a biased blind cunt?”
Hardly slanderous.

Confidence is a remarkable thing in sport.

Hegarty went for a goal nearly 30 yards out when he had a simple point on. Just over thinking it and taking a little longer to make his mind up.

Bowe was a cracking u20 in 2019 as a 19 year old. Good to see him kicking on now.

I’ve said it for a while. Tipp have top quality young players. Cahill will get them right

I agree with that. I don’t see either being thrown in to start at this point.

1 Like

I thought he had just mis-hit a point effort that time?

I’m not sure tbh. Sort of caught in two minds I thought.

He spent a season with the senior footballers when he was 21 as well. He’s a big lad, well able to hurl and has an eye for goal.

Cahill and Bevans have done a tremendous job this year considering the absolute rabble we were last year.

4 Likes

What happened Quaid today? He looked proper shook after Tipp scored a few handy points.

1 Like

I was in line with him and it looked to me like he was going for goal. Had a free man outside of him too if he really wanted to work the goal chance.

Not used to deficits

I don’t think cork have come near finding their best team yet, they can go from being practically out of games to pedal to floor and scoring heavily in a flash. So many of the familiar problems in the team seemingly and yet they’re there or thereabouts with Clare and Tipp. There’s a good team, maybe a really really good team in there somewhere, I just hope they don’t crack it next week.

2 Likes

He was definitely going for goal. It was just a shit shot

4 Likes

Great game today. Limerick are horribly out of form. So many handling errors and chances butchered by taking a touch or a pass too many. Cian Lynch isn’t the same fella at all. Mike Casey isn’t in the same league as Sean Finn.

In spite of all that, there’s serious heart in the team. Previous Limerick teams would have fucked that away.

Also, Gearoid Hegarty may as well leave the panel. The way he is being reffed in this championship is nothing short of a disgrace.

14 Likes

Limerick need to release a video clip montage of all the times Hegarty has been fouled.

3 Likes

Limerick are fundamentally useless as I’ve alluded to many times over the last few years.

I must watch the game back though tomorrow just to confirm my suspicions.