Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Nobody criticised Downey.

No mate, only the Cork lads dive.

He didn’t score a whole pile.
Two points from play and that sideline…

Tipp hurled reasonably well and are “maxing out” with the players available.

Really should have been winning it though. Like the last day against Cork, were the better team for long periods but not getting “scoreboard separation”. The old guard of Barrett, McCormack, Bonner were very good while Noel McGrath was a joy to watch again. You’d really appreciate watching him compared to some of the robots on the Limerick side.

The younger lads like O’Mara, Morris, Keohe and Bowe when introduced played well too. They aren’t as good as what we had before when you knew a forward unit of Bubbles, Callanan, Forde & a fit John McGrath would score about 4-14 from play between them but anyway. No goal threat yesterday was disappointing.

I never really rated this Limerick side anyway but they look a complete busted flush right now. They are all so jittery and theres around 5 of them who look like they dont even want to be out there. Apart from Tom Morrissey who was phenomenal and Cathal O’Neill who took his scores well, they werent up to much. Mulcahy was good in fairness when he came on. It got to a stage where Tipp were happy enough to let any of the Limerick backs except Nash and Hannon have the ball because they knew they werent going to do anything with it.

2 Likes

Any view on the multiple aimless bombs hit by Barrett and Breen to free Limerick men. Limerick probably 5/6 points the better team but we did not take our chances? You love leaving in the past, they unfortunately flattered to deceive like the great three in a row Limerick team. Hannon will go down as one of the great captains, it must sicken your fucking shit.

2 Likes

Former Munster rugby fan @Your_Mums_Athletic seems a tad upset

6 Likes

Hannon is one of the best hurlers Limerick have ever produced. Stop talking shite.

Limerick missed a bit and they’ve been missing all year. Because they are not at the races.

The official Sean Stack was very generous to Limerick and kept them in the game when pulling Bonnar Maher for a legitimate handpass with Jake Morris through on goal when Tipp were 3 up and motoring in the first half.

I hate the egg chasing lad.

I think Noel McGrath has actually been a far better player for Tipperary in the last 5 years than he was the 5 years before that

6 Likes

I said Tipp didnt want Hannon or Nash on the ball because they are good but were happy to let the other 4 have the ball because they didn’t know what to do with it. Hannon is a great player with great breeding.

Dan Morrissey is a great defender but isnt hectic on the ball.

100%

You are wrong again, great teams don’t win 4 All Irelands without the ability to distribute, only three players up to midfield struggle, Morrissey, Casey and O’Donoghue, the rest are Hall Of Famers kid, proper winners.

2 Likes

You have not answered the question about Breen and Barrett bombing balls fifty yards away from their men.

I referenced it at the time but the psychology of Limerick hurling was severely damaged when Ballygunner came out for the second half of the Munster Club Semi Final last November and outscored Na Piarsaigh 1-11 to 0-04 on their home pitch.

Limerick hurling hasnt recovered since.

1 Like

On this note and your inability to actually answer a question I will let you alone to spam the forum with the two usual suspects and rubby boy. Best of luck next weekend.

WOD isn’t the silkiest on the ball but he had an absolutely massive game yesterday. Another one coming back to playing at the level he’s capable of and if we can nurse a few more back to that level we might be ok yet.

5 Likes

Blinkers on but i thought Tom Morrissey was motm. He hurled for the full 70 mins. What a season he’s having.

8 Likes

He was good.

Thought he was phenomenal first half v Clare also… Went out of it for about 20 mins but finished that game well.

If one of Hego or Lynch could find a little something i think we’ll be ok.

Other than Morrissey, the scores have dried up from the half forward line, which was usually good for 10 or 11 points or more a game. CON should replace some of that loss but that is a big issue