Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Imagine being us…

1 Like

Its great to see counties like Tipp back competitive again with a spring in their step.

Clare into a Munster final again for the second year in a row. Imagine the scenes if they were to bridge that 25 year gap.

Where would a munster final be played?

Pairc Ui Chaoimh id say although the Gaelic Grounds would arguably make more sense presuming Tipp beat Waterford.

Pairc Ui Caoimh will do the finest if we can get over Waterford.

Hopefully they send them down to Cork tis not like the miserable cunts would boost the local economy in fairness.

2 Likes

Ah for feck sake. I was five mins out the road, no more.

Supposed to be out alongside Barrett for the Waterford game. I’ve never known a Tipp panel to be so depleted by injuries. They’d the Campion brothers and Joe Fogarty - and I mean this with the great respect - on the bench yesterday to probably just fulfil the 26 man match day panel

1 Like

Whats wrong with Morris? Shoulder?

That’s what I heard. Sure I don’t know what to believe anymore.

The same text said the row at the end was because some Limerick lad squirted water into John MC’s helmet before the free :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Limerick is an awful neutral venue for a Munster final. Can’t remember a decent Munster final there when it has been a neutral venue. It can be OK if Limerick are involved (1996, 2013) but the venue just doesn’t have a Munster finalness about it. 1988, 1993, 2008 and 2016 and 2019 (when Limerick were involved) were all awful Munster finals. Prior to my memory it hosted 1983 which was another non-contest.

The only two memorable games of note I can recall there as a neutral venue are Clare v Cork in 1995 and the Kerry v Mayo football semi-final.

Pairc Ui Chaoimh usually brings out the best in the Tipp-Clare rivalry, and the sun (1997, 1999, 2001). Tipp-Clare games in Limerick have been largely forgettable (1993, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2021).

2 Likes

Dont conflate the quality of the finals themselves with the suitability of a location to hold those finals. Limerick is a perfectly good location for a final. The Gaelic Grounds is a lot more accessible than PUC. It would be absolute madness holding Munster Final anywhere other than Limerick if it’s Clare and Tipp involved.

1 Like

Pairc Ui Chaoimh is definitely a better venue for a Munster final than Limerick. Has a better big match feel.

1 Like

I won’t argue its certainly a better stadium.

Absolutely nothing to suggest TOM should start.

Team doesn’t have much pace. Fitzgibbon and Roche only from last weekend’s team. Lehane isn’t as fast he was. Cahalane won’t start.

Kingston, ROF and JOC are the speedsters, and two of them are out injured.

It was even great Sunday to hear the Chip, Chip, Chip rising up around the ground at various junctures!
I’d much prefer that cut and thrust, that intense atmosphere than the situation last year when a sum total of 27 bothered their holes going to the Gaelic Grounds to support their proud county.

3 Likes

Did Will O’Donoghue strike the ball once out of his hands on Sunday?

Once ye overcome Waterford yhe venue will be confirmed to be the TUSGG

They seemed to play in Cork when both teams were good and Limerick then when one or both teams were bad then. 2001 was the year when they played the whole championship down in Cork for whatever reason.

2017 would be the last time they clashed down there for an exceedingly attractive quarter-final double-header with The Doubleyafords.