Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I would say there’s a 99% probability CON starts.

1 Like

I dunno about Currid but your shtick has long since passed boring

7 Likes

Joyce is composure personified.

1 Like

You heading down to it chief?

No, family commitments.

1 Like

He is but will he close enough to Cian Lynch?

He runs hot. Ive seen him with the club

I fancy the draw. 9/1

Cian Lynch is one of the best players to have played the game. To my untrained eye, he looks to have bulked out too much. Its also probable, that he is taking a bit longer to get to the pitch, after a bad injury and a long absence. You cant keep class like that down too long.

3 Likes

I fancy Limerick to win by 7+

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I think he’s injured tbh. Lads are acting like he’s become Ronnie Coleman. To me it’s like an injury that either hasn’t healed right or that he’s not confident in

3 Likes

Yeah, very common with hammy

Everyone of them tipped Limerick. Couldn’t see how they’re overhyping them, they are all just acknowledging the improvements from last year yet caveating that they’ve hurled for 25 minutes in the last two games

Is Hoggie out?

Id agree with all that . Tomorrow is a real litmus test as to how much better Cork are

Will be fascinating to see Cork’s approach defensively. I think we may have to go man-on-man.

Joyce following Lynch all over. Downey sticking to Hegarty like shit to a blanket. Millerick for Morrissey. I’d swap Ger onto CON then if he’s starting, with Downey on Morrissey. Fb line match ups are obvious.
The obvious worry is the space inside in front of the fb line but that’s a worry Cork will have to live with IMO. Because if you don’t push up, Limerick are just too good at working the ball in the middle third and at the back. In addition, their delivery inside is so good that our hb holding positions tomorrow will be redundant.

Giving Barry Nash, Lynch, Hannon, Byrnes space is more dangerous in my view than a 30 yard pocket in front of Flanagan or Gillane. Cork will need to press very highly. That would be my approach anyway.

2 Likes

Lynch is out bud.

I think Cork are getting huge credit so far and it’s not warranted if you ask me.

This is Cork ffs. Their standards have dropped so far.

I have a funny feeling we might witness the best Cork performance in a generation tomorrow