Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Ben Cunningham will be some addition to their forwards. If they can get Ben O’Connor to stay, theyve 2/3rds of the halfback line for the next 7 or 8 years.

Setanta, Sweetnam and a few more left and Id love to know if they regret it.

1 Like

That’s a very sore one.

By far Cork’s best performance this year, and one that signals progress. But progress isn’t enough. I also felt it was easily Limerick’s best performance of the season too, which hurts more. Credit to the lads for standing up and giving them a serious fight today.

Hoggy and Harnedy were heroic. Absolutely phenomenal.

Cork got their tactics right. Limerick utilised the massive space in front of the fb line well of course, but Cork had to push up to have a chance at winning.

The difference IMO was our puckout in the second half. A few deliveries simply weren’t good enough.

The penalty was a very poor call. Gillane is cute out but the refs need to be way smarter to that stuff. Annoying but these things happen.

Good to see Ethan Twomey showing well. Himself, Power, Hayes, Connolly, Barrett, Eoin Downey need to drive it on now next year. Robbie O’Flynn and Mark Coleman were massive losses today but Limerick likewise had no Finn, so no complaints. We should have a stronger team next year.

Limerick showed why they were champions again. Byrnes, Morrissey, Hegarty in second half and Gillane were excellent. They’re only getting better, and nobody will stop them now in my view.

Very very sore.

16 Likes

Will you get a flight back for the Munster Final? I can imagine you winding the Limerick fans up nonchalantly.

During the week on the radio some of the commentary around the Munster Final clashing with Corpus Christi was that it would be a Clare v Tipp final. How wrong we all were.

The Cork fans would have huge respect for Limerick and what they have achieved. A pity the Tipperary lads were not as magnanimous. Sure look Cork are back and will be way more than Tipperary over the next few years.

4 Likes

Ye were very good. Very unlucky to be out.

Is there a call to be made that Dalton might be more valuable as a keeper to this set up? Watching yer man last day, every short puckout was down around the bootlaces. Not much better today.

Cork can keep their heads high tonight. That was a good display with plenty of fight shown. Great game.

He made one v good save early on but his delivery is poor and he was beaten v handy at his near post for Flanagan’s goal. Don’t know is Dalton the answer but they will have to look at all their options anyway

2 Likes

I thought a top man would’ve saved it as well

They love their hurling in Cork.

13 Likes

Cork lads are going have brain damage from all this head patting

8 Likes

Cork are back. Now that they’re out.

4 Likes

Doing great work under age by all accounts

Very relieved to get past them today

Collins isn’t good enough at all. He doesn’t trust himself to play the eye of a needle passes and at least 3 times a game he’ll pick out an opposition player on their own. Having the brother as the sub goalie is another joke

Lookit, I was with a group of lads today and some of their kids, a double all Ireland winner and a rake of county medals in the group, we all left with more hope than was evident beforehand, the biggest problem will be replacing the hurling brains of Horgan and Harnedy

Fuckit tjough, it’s a real what if? :persevere:

3 Likes

Proud day to be a Cork man. Glorious day of hurling in glorious weather in a terrific venue. The result stings but long term it might be a key match for this group.

5 Likes

The aura is gone from Cork. Young lads now don’t see any difference between them and the likes of Galway.

Cork always have a bit of class about them

2 Likes

What is it about Clare and an inferiority complex towards everybody else?

Giving it the big bollox and they’ve won nothing

4 Likes