Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Cork haven’t been right since the strike. It’s nawful what’s happened them.

1 Like

Frank too nice for this own good

Brutal one for Cork to take for sure, especially looking at some of the scutter left in the Championship (Carlow, Offaly, Dublin)

Thems the breaks though - but my god the margins are so tight. Draw, Loss by 1 and Loss by 1 in their last three matches

In comparison, Tipp have gone Draw, Draw, Big Loss

BOX OFFICE

What an occasion though,

I’m a terrace man usually through choice and it’s a long time since I stood in one as rammed as todays, I had to stand on tippy toes most of the time but we had a great spot behind the goal,

It was a fabulous day, I didn’t witness any aggro at all, half way out the Ennis road a cork fan ripped down a LK flag from outside a house and he was admonished by his own.

Jesus it’s been some year of hurling, very disappointing that it’s over for us :man_shrugging::persevere:

3 Likes

Limerick made hard work of that today. Butchered 4 chances and conceded a scuttery goal. 7+ wouldn’t have flattered them

2 Likes

Could be like Limerick in 17’ v KK

Same was true of Clare and Tipp against Cork. Scoreline flattered Cork in all three games.

1 Like

What game were you watching Mike?

They’ve never replaced Frank, as for letting a woman in charge….

Carlow in the All Ireland Championship longer than Cork.

By god.

18 years since they won the All Ireland.

Genuine commiserations to the genuine Cork hurling lads @fenwaypark @ousmanedembele @Corksfinedtboy @Turenne it’s a shame ye are out and the likes of Leinster dross in Dublin and Galway remain in the championship, that was a cracking game today.

13 Likes

Genuinely

Anyone care to give me a rundown of Cork v Limerick?

Through 50 mins were Limerick 8 + points clear?
Soft Cork goal get them back into it?

1-30 was a big score to concede but a wins a win.

They just keep getting over the line when it matters

I was at it

On one hand, Limerick probably should have had two more goals but Gillane and Flanagan left a couple of sitters behind them and then had a couple of other chances but the timing of both of limericks goals were important as Cork had weathered the early storm and were in the ascendancy in that second quarter and limerick were struggling for scores.

The third quarter did for Cork, left themselves too much to do down the home stretch and never really got a run in limericck

1 Like

Their longest ever drought I presume? The current format for hurling really is great. Gives teams a chance to breathe and improve over the few games and even if leinster is a bit shite the whole thing is very fair while retaining a bit of tradition. Maybe some of the results in leinster give a slight hope that standards in the counties below top tier are rising a tiny bit. That was a serious backs to the wall win by Wexford too

2 Likes

Canning rightly calling out Owens flaws with some of the clear calls he missed.

Davy’s a gas man. Only two terrible halfs in the three games they played.

The criticism he takes is a nine