Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

They didn’t really set up any differently today, Tipp were atrocious and let them play Davy Ball.

The goal was a pox too

So was I. How many Beamish had you pre match?

Could the goal have been a Tipp free? Dessie swung across and missed then the ball was dropped? Probably would have been soft but to paraphrase Glen Hoddle, seen em given.

1 Like

Shelly the O’Mara made a bollocks of both efforts. Even if it was a free out, Waterford win that game

Tipp needed a goal after half time when they were beginning to close the gap. They looked like a side waiting for something to happen.

No it couldn’t

1 Like

Shelly needed to slow that game down for Tipp on a few occasions today

2 Likes

Were you watching the highlights there? Gillane missed two innyhe first half

Great to see the massive turnout from Wexford fans in their hour of need.

Take the knee like?

1 Like

Poor game management. Natural Goalkeepers would have more cop on.

4 Likes

Ah it’s hilarious.

Fuck me pink.

Sure we don’t actually give a fuck and that’s the bottom line.

1 Like

Another example of my theory about the absolute unpredictability of gaa crowds. Where it seems to be really important and also no one cares. Wexford would be known as one of the best supported teams in Ireland. You could argue that was one of the biggest games in their history and it was at home against their traditional rivals. I don’t think it’s even as simple as if they are bad people don’t go?

Wexford people are very, very passive.

Wexford Park is a small enough venue.

It has never been filled.

A bit of momentum and we’d have 25,000 in Croke Park.

But I’d say of that 25,000 a sold 50% wouldn’t know there’s a club championship in GAA.

But. We have strawberries.

4 Likes

Cork just aren’t playing well enough for long enough. They are absolutely making the most from their purple patches, but the lulls in their play is generally leaving them with a lot of catching up to do.

10 Likes

A real feature from the year. Happened in all 3 of the crucial games.

Felt we lacked a bit of guile too on the middle especially in the Clare game although perhaps not as much today. Darragh Fitz was excellent. Mark Coleman will be a huge addition in that area of the pitch. Ethan Twomey too, if he can grow a bit of bulk.

1 Like

Micheal Martin slammed online for saying the crowd helped get Offaly over the line in the U20s and we had about 500 at that match. All the passionate loyal followers of Wexford hurling up in arms for being called out. And he dead fucking right. He praised the crowd today and it certainly did help in fairness, you could see the players react to the support. But yeah, 9k today isnt anything really to get excited about, in a small venue it makes a difference tho.

2 Likes

I thought ye were absolutely excellent.

You are a pup my man :joy:

You hit every ball with them I’d say.