Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

You so desperately want that, afraid not. You have the football though.

It was a dreadful swipe.

No attempt to play the ball. The fact Fitzgibbon protected himself with the hurley probably saved him but he would have had no complaints if he saw red.

James Owens loves giving penalties at that end of the ground.

Ask Aidan McCarthy and the Clare boys.

He didn’t catch him but it was stupid and a yellow all day.

It is a terribly worded rule, has to be a deliberate trip or pull down otherwise just a yellow.

Joyce’s foul on SOD last week should be a text book black card but ref couldn’t give it as he wasn’t dragged down

It was a lovely little cynical stop. He went a bit ott on the pull alright

John Keenan could get the Munster final again.

Colm Lyons, Paud Dwyer or Keenan…? Owens has really deteriorated as a ref.

Not really, I genuinely think ye are done. All these epics are going to take there toll. Clare or a rested Kilkenny are the most likely victors in my book and yes we have a good shot at the football.

Owens didn’t look to give Kyle a yellow immediately. Looks like a linesman got involved.

What are the rules re umpires telling the refs stuff?

Ah you boys at the top dont realise how badly the rest of us are reffed. Shur tis why us poor unfortunates keep getting red cards. Shur you saw what Pawdee did to Aaron Dunphy.

Cork got 13 points from frees yesterday, Limerick got 2 (should have been three but Gillane always has to throw a bad miss in). Owens rode us all day.

The refs must have lost their black carlds. Lads being chopped down with a free run to goal

Drink it in maaannnn…

Is a penalty not a class of free

2 Likes

If a chop is a red card the game is done, these whingy Galway cry babies are an embarrassment, a team full of mullockers and the fan base soft as fresh shite, great craic out of it mind.

5 Likes

You’d have to be happy for true Carlow hurling men like Pat Ahern this week.

1 Like

It’s a penalty, not a free.

Is it a class of a free? Just closer in…

No.

You can describe it as Limerick getting 1-2 from placed balls, i.e. 2-23 from play, and Cork getting 13 points from frees if it makes you feel better.

1 Like

That would include side lines.

I’m happier with my definition.

Limerick need to work on their discipline will be their take away from conceding so many frees.