Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

@Thomas_Brady has cleared the day to do video analysis :clap:

Fixed your post

1 Like

Even in the first half, we had their puckout under pressure, I thought.

Considering the pressure we were putting them under and the platform we had, it’s relatively disappointing that we only won by a point tbh. Cork found it too easy to get scores imo, because I thought we did way more of the hurling.

Ryan has certainly brought more fight to this Cork team. They are still carrying a few though - I mean Kingston had an absolute nightmare; how are they still starting him in 2023? Everyone knows he is a great impact sub. And then bringing on Lehane… I know they’re missing O’Flynn & Connolly (and O’Flynn would have caused us serious bother) but Lehane just isn’t good enough, plain & simple. Surely Paudie Power would have been worth a go?

Despite getting knocked out, I imagine Cork fans are happier than this time last year. But as you say, they need to evolve a stronger puckout plan.

Harnedy is a great bit of stuff though, he’ll be some loss when he goes.

1 Like

I wonder how are they measuring a short puckout won there?

We did struggle on our long puckouts into the wind though. Cork in fairness didn’t let us go short too handy.

Hopefully Limerick spend the next two weeks practicing their sidelines because they have been tragic :joy:

1 Like

Not proof but evidence that defensive hurling has had its day. Waterford have the best defensive record in the Munster championship and are out on their ear with a score difference of -17.

Harnedy and Horgan were key men back in 2013, a decade later and still delivering.

Horgan is just such a skilful, intelligent player. Never had blistering pace (not slow either) but he just has a phenomenal first touch. Once he gets it into the paw it’s nearly always a score. Rarely hooked or blocked down. Superb balance and footwork, just a real classy player.

He came on the scene just after Cork won a couple of AI’s and he could finish up just before they win their next one.

1 Like

He was better this year than in previous ones so no signs of slowing down. He has another year in him if he wants to

1 Like

I’d say tis fairly basic. First ball won by your own player

What’s he now, 34 or 35? He’ll surely stay on for next year.

Cork are putting a nice squad together. Robbie O’Flynn a huge loss yesterday, a high scoring scorching day would have suited him down to the ground.

He came on before lehane didn’t he?

Few mins after…def should have been in before him

The cunts around him are now putting in a shift.

This is the height of madness - a tractor out on the road in charleville or buttervant will cause a 10 mile tail back

2 Likes

It has to be PUC

7 Likes

And tis silage season.

Twill be Thurles, Cork have no power anymore.

That will make life a bit harder alright

Don’t worry, the gahiliban will make a total mess of this and put it on in Cork

I’ll clear the wife and kids off. A clatter of you can stay the night before. We’ll watch Chimp Empire on Netflix and get an early night.

7 Likes

Why build PUC if you don’t use it for a Munster final. Finals should be in proper stadiums in cities.

One of the AI football semi finals should be in PUC too

2 Likes

It’ll be like the time the lads went to the Euros and stayed in the Air BnB watching gameshows.

1 Like