Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Hurling is dying in Tipp :smiling_face_with_tear:

The split season has a lot to answer for.

Tipp are back.

1 Like

Pat Fitz wouldnt allow that.

You fucking dipshit.

2 Likes

The fabled Tipperary 2-in-a-row nearly refers to matches rather than All-Ireland’s these days.

13 Likes

I’ve been saying it all along that this is a bad a Tipp team as I’ve seen in my lifetime watching hurling, Filled with rookies who aren’t up to it and a sprinkling of Hall of Famers raging against the dying of the light.

A miracle to be still in the championship and an indictment on Limerick that they couldn’t win in Thurles last week.

1 Like

Half the Limerick team had a stomach bug and you lads still couldn’t get the W. They put so much into Limerick they couldn’t do a thing yesterday :person_shrugging:t2:

Like I said, its the worst Tipp team in my lifetime (last years outfit weren’t a team at all).

Sheedy got a lot of criticism for holding onto the old guard in 2020 and 2021 but he was fully justified in doing so.

Pedigree:
Tipperary - 1 win from their last 10 games in championship hurling
Galway - 1 win from their last 10 games in championship hurling in Croke Park
Clare - no championship win in Croke Park since 2013 and no Munster title for 26 years
Kilkenny - 1 win from 8 against Galway and Wexford in championship round robin play

You’d have to say Dublin, with All-Ireland winning manager Micheál Donoghue at the helm, look the only possible challengers to Limerick at this stage.

2 Likes

It’s an odd one, Stack blew a free against a Tipp player against Limerick for exact same effort

Limerick are much better off with Tipp in the championship than cork. even for next year it’s a huge blow cork are gone.

Tipp could beat anyobody except Limerick IMO. I don’t see them as AI contenders realistically though

I dont think that freeze frame is any way useful, Gillane has his right arm locked around O’Donoghues upper arm holding it in place, very clever in fairness and I’d have no issue with a ref awarding that in real time, but it’s not a penalty in reality.

In the other it’s possible to swarm
A player without fouling so I can’t see if Will is being fouled or not, it doesn’t appear to be a legal hand pass though so I’d have accepted the free in in hindsight

Word on the street is that Just Stop Oil have a protest planned for the Munster senior championship hurling final.

2 Likes

At the bad bends between Buttevant and New Twopothouse?

2 Likes

Is Munster Final at 2pm or 4pm?

You’d really despair that they keep putting Munster and Leinster Finals on the same day.

1 Like

Gillane played the situation. It was clever.

Gillane gets lot’s of off the ball stuff. That’s commended as good defending, the dark arts etc… but it’s a tightrope and you’re running the risk of a sending off or peno when you’re largely intent on playing the man.

Gillane has the dark arts mastered himself, no doubt about it… But SOD had him wrapped. Gillane didn’t pull his arm in around his chest, he just took advantage when SOD did.

1 Like

2pm

1 Like