Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Also factor in that four eyes was the brains behind the coaching.

Corks ability to claw back leads this year is something that wasnt there for years. Very fine margins this year. Their loss to Clare when they look back on it will probably be the most disappointing from their point of view I think.

1 Like

Huge number of texts into Tipp FM tonight calling for Bubbles to return.

It simply has to happen and would be absolutely box office.

1 Like

How old is bubbles now?

31 I’d say. I remember his debut in 2013. He got 1-3 from play in the Gaelic grounds.

Yeah that’s fair enough, but they managed to progress last year, and came close to Galway. The year before they reached the final. Where is the “progress” everyone is on about? Patrick Horgan is almost more pivotal to them than he was last year. He’s a scoring machine but he’s 35 now. Harnedy was brilliant yesterday but he’s 32. Limerick didn’t start a forward over 30 by comparison

1 Like

Fantastic hurler, one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen.

3 Likes

Its the manner of the performance that have Cork people optimistic. Lads left everything out there. That was not always the case, and Ryan must get the credit for that.

3 Likes

I’d say Cahill is a stubborn aul cunt

2 Likes

Its amazing that Horgan and Harnedy are still lethal at that level given their ages. Both seem better this year - would imagine they’ll go again too next year.

2 Likes

Tipp are back

Windy

1 Like

Generational talent. I would have been one of the few arguing that the young lads should be playing ahead of them. However, you see them yesterday and really appreciate their greatness. Its a fair high bar for young lads to reach.

2 Likes

I’d agree but Owens was able to call a free against Gillane for holding an opponent’s Hurley maybe 3 plays previously from a decent distance away too.

They both made massive contributions. Harnedy with 4 points from play. Horgan nailed all his frees and his goal was just instinctive. Brilliant goal. They couldnt be faulted.

3 Likes

Umpires call very little these days. Years ago before refs were mic’d up you’d see them put the hand up and highlight off the ball stuff.

It’s like they’re only asked to comment if third opinions are required.

I’m different then as pa deserves one

32 this year.

He’s fit and hurling very, very well for Kilenaule in the County League.

Big step up, but as Sheedy said, Bubbles is a man you make an exception for in terms of fitness/conditioning to get him on the pitch at the right time.

2 Likes

They had limerick by the bollox yesterday for a lot of it,
So it’s either we’re progressing or limerick are treading water,
Rest including rebels are catching up

14 Likes