Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Again dont think that will work with the football championships and tin tin cup fixtures not know until the last few weeks. Tipp/Cork Limerick/Cork and Limerick/Tipp have home and away arrangements so that sorts itself. Its finals involving Waterford and Clare that require decisions. The Council should just tell them where to go and makes sense.

Here’s a thought Derrick. Go fucking earlier so you don’t have the huge tailback in Buttevant.

You’d swear they are bringing Clare to Timbuktu.

6 Likes

I’d prefer PUC to be the venue for the sheer novelty. Apart from when we play Cork down there, we dont play there much at all. Before we played Kilkenny in the league final there, you’d have to go back to the early 2000s to find a Limerick game played in the Páirc that didn’t involve Cork. [Edit: I forgot we played Tipp there in 20 & 21].

We vote for Cork.

2 Likes

Thurles makes sense. Cork makes no sense.

The only reason cork is on the cards is because there’s votes to be bought or some sort of back handers going around.

It was ridiculous the league final was down there too and it knocked about 10k off the attendance.

I’m fairly sure we played tipp there in 2020.

1 Like

And in ‘21

1 Like

And 2021 too. My bad.

We still don’t play there often though. Not nearly as often as we go to Thurles.

Outline why Thurles is a better option there? I showed above why there is no differnce other than the stadium itself

Clare finished top so I reckon Limerick deserve a home Munster final.

After all, that was pretty much Clare’s stance before the football final

Because it’s more convenient for both sets of fans.

In fact since Clare finished top they should nominate where the game is on.

I look forward to Limerick finishing top next year and nominating puc because the facilities are better.

Convenient how? The roads to thurlus are shocking. The trains for both Limerick and Clare require a change in the junction probaly 20 mins more on the train

Even cork people will tell you it shouldn’t be on there. There’s a concert on as well I Too which won’t help matters. Now I presume the fears about the lack of guards are wrong tbf.

Thurles is perfect for Limerick and Clare. It was immense last year.

Pearse Stadium would be a handy neutral venue.

Even worse than cork

Atmosphere was electric no denying it. Took me 40 mins to get out of thurles despite parking the south of the town and hit the motorway going the other way from a majority of supporters. I was meeting a friend before the game last week, we were due in around the same time, he got caught in 40 mins traffic 3 miles outside the town 2.5 hours before the match. I dont see how it makes sense. An easy tip for games in cork, dont drive across the river, park up patricks hill nesr the barracks. Charlaville is a nightmare but can easily be avoided. Buttervant is a none issue. Mallow is grand. Multiple other options, killmallock, kildorrery mitchelstown is a favourite of mine.

Leave early get there early have a bite to eat and a drink not too hard to do.

3 Likes

I will happily take a bet of up to 100 euro that if the
Game is fixed for Puc the thrown in will be delayed because the crowd can’t get in on time.

1 Like

Handier. Parking is easier and the station is the exact same distance from the stadium as in Limerick and Cork, 3km, actually the station is closer to the stadium than in Cork where it’s 3.1km.

I couldn’t think of a worse possible venue for a final. A bollox of a place to get into and out of, Galway traffic is a nightmare. Trying to get out to Salthill even worse. The place only has one stand and a fairly limited capacity of 26k.

More chance of @carryharry praising Nicky Quaid.

I wouldn’t be going by train regardless I think all the trains are booked for both cork and Thurles already apparently.

Trains on match days can be hell on earth.