Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

He’d be fucking hopping… Hedging bets all over the windy cunt :smile:

1 Like

It was Clare’s decision to play it in Limerick

Limerick wanted Thurles first and Cork second. Clare decided Limerick was ok.

Thurles is still the best venue for hurling matches, there have been games there with over 50,000 for donkeys years.

There should be special licences to allow Bowes, Kennedys and other pubs open up on big match days.

The Munster Council were terrified to fix the game there in case hundreds died. @BruidheanChaorthainn didnt sleep last night with the fear of it.

1 Like

Imagine any other serious final where a team offers to play it in home ground of opponent versus a neutral venue.

You can forget about the Munster final as a serious final.

2 Likes

I’ll be on a train at Thursday at 12pm. I’ll have to rely on Irish Rail wi-fi if I want to buy a ticket.

Anyone else come out of the town end the last day in Thurles, I dunno why they didn’t open another big blue gate that leads on to Sars pitch. They just created this bottleneck for everyone instead. Just thought it was strange.

Have Clare any wins in the new PUC? Limerick have an excellent record there.

They beat Wexford there, I think.

2 Likes

They beat Wexford there in 2018 I think.

1 Like

Limerick have a great record down there.

1 Like

Everyone beats Wexford.

5 Likes

Beat Wexford there in 2018.

Lost to Cork there in 2018 in round robin and lost to Tipp and Waterford there in all Ireland quarter finals

I did. Fecking lethal

1 Like

Apart from Kilkenny.

1 Like

The counties outside of Dublin in Leinster have no other choice 90% of the time, and 100% of the time in finals

2 Likes

Is Bowe’s closed down now? I never went into it despite having numerous chances. The last time I was in Thurles in 2015, I made a mental note that the next time I went back, I’d definitely go in. These are the sort of regrets that gnaw away at you for years.

I was only in it once, used to be popular for those coming off the train.

It’s closed since the pandemic, they next generation took over the travel agent next door but not the pub.

Kennedy’s used to get a big crowd too and since it closed, Noel Ryan’s and Lars do be jointed.

There’s another pub in the square beside supermacs that never really took off but again would be useful on big days.

1 Like

That’s very disappointing.