Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I just hope the final is reffed fairly

Imagine going into that persons class with no homework.

I don’t believe you can be certain on that incident,
So I’m asking you, how are you certain he didn’t play the hurley, why can’t you tell me, Joe Canning was certain he did

Was he fouled before he played the hurley?

I don’t see how he was to be honest, O’Donoghue is clearly in front of him

This is the first goal

I was beside it

Flippant again, that’s better :+1:

Don’t give yourselves aneurysms lads… The sun is shining out there

You asked, I answered.

1 Like

How can Gillane play the hurley from behind while jumping 4 foot in the air. SOD went up with the hurley. You think he was trying to bat it? Looks to me like he was trying to protect the hand he was catching it and got mossed.

You said Batigol cant be certain and nobody could be certain but are okay with Joe Canning being certain?

No, I said all along that the only one I was certain on was the pick up

boat fail GIF

1 Like

FFS it was a stone wall penalty , O’Donoghue made zero attempt to play the ball.

I’m not sure how you can say that looking at the replay.
Gillane clearly grabs O’Donoghue’s arm and falls to the ground to con the ref. It looked fairly clear to me behind the goals also but the replay clears any sort of a grey area that may have existed in live time IMO.

SOD is entitled to have his arm close to Gillane. He never wraps his arm around Gillane. It’s not a penalty, and should have been a free out.

There has been a consensus among pundits on this call for a reason. It’s not an agenda against Limerick. The referee got it wrong, simple as that.

That’s not the reason Cork lost.

3 Likes

criminal minds film GIF by Arrow Video

Go out and get some sun lads.

1 Like

We’ve been over this ffs

SOD wraps him up… You can see both Gilliane’s arms free.

He’s being fouled but takes advantage of it.

Tis grand for a defender to hold and drag but when a forward gives it back :person_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

You are correct. It’s not a penalty it’s a free out. If sod is getting pinged for that we’ve have 200 frees in the game.

It was an error by the ref. Same with the non pick up off the ground. These things happen. The previous week Cathal Barrett should have seen a straight red and if he did it’s very likely cork are still in the all Ireland championship.

The refs have extremely tough jobs and they’ll make mistakes just like all the players on the field.

1 Like

Agree with all that.

@Batigol is taking it slowly with him. Very impressive, very calm. The cork arrogance coupled with the ‘im a teacher’ mentality can be difficult, and particularly together, but @Batigol is excellently placed on this one.

I just hope he’s able to get through to him before he throws out the ‘its just a hobby’ and ‘i don’t really follow the hurling’ line.

2 Likes