Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Possibility the best thing that ever happened to them. In county’s like Limerick when a good underage team comes around fellas can get Carried away.

I’ve said it many times but I don’t think they would have all developed into the players they have become if not for the Kiely/Kinnerk set up.

Of course they wouldn’t. They’d savage raw talent and would have been good for sure but there’s a heap of factors involved. Physical development, not getting injured, luck, good coaching, behaving themselves off the field (mostly) etc.

@peddlerscross old pal. Who is the last Tipperary hurler to win four All Ireland medals?

I’m gonna say someone in the 60s

Presume so, just curious

They were lucky to win one.

Jake Morris

1 Like

Senior pal

Underage All Irelands are a stronger currency than Adult ones. Everyone knows this.

A fine stickman like Ronan Lynch would have been indulged into a county like Tipp and carved out a decent intercounty career. Kiely demands more. A magician like Peter Casey is utilised like Bonnar Maher or Dirk Kuyt and buys in.

The answer to any of those Tipp GAA History questions is usually Jimmy Doyle. Bland enough.

The last Tipp man to win 4 AISHC medals probably has Great Grandchildren playing now. Wonder if there are any of them on the Tipp squad currently

The length of your posts is roughly in line with your level of seethe. So you must be fucking hopping at this stage

3 Likes

He would have just turned 16 then. I believe he was only called onto that minor panel the week of that match after scoring heavily in a internal practice match the weekend before. He wasn’t involved in the Munster championship. His brother Sean is still a decent club hurler. Came on v Clare in under 21 Munster Final in 2015 too.

1 Like

With the amount of inbreeding you’d certainly think it’s a strong possibility.

Ya I think you are right. He was a little lost that game when he came on.

I remember first hearing about him listening to a friend of my dads tell him how Johnny Flanagans young fella was only interested in soccer and no young lads were interested in hurling. I’d say he was only 12/13 around then.

I remember seeing him in a minor game the following season in pairci rinn. He got a few good scores that day.

1 Like

The only way TK will win a Munster medal.

Last 10 to see a game out. We wouldn’t trust him on the really big days.

The Limericks have some hard on for Tony, its getting weird

7 Likes

He played Kennedy Cup and there was a couple of Dublin teams after him.