Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Limerick could have had Tom Ryan over them in 2021 and still won the Al Ireland

11 Likes

The man is more than hurling, he is an artist

1 Like

He’s the Lionel Messi of Hurling.

At the 2011 Munster Final, the terraces were packed for the Minor to see him play. Never before or since have i seen that for a Minor game.

1 Like

Yes mate, Kinnerk had honed the game plan and the players had four years of coaching from him. Remember the dubs winning post Gavin?

When he started playing senior for Ballyea they were a poor enough team, he proceeded to hit 20 points for them one day as an 18 year old

2 Likes

The clare and Tipp lads are awful giddy. I remember they used to hate each other.

Ger Loughnane would puke at some of the exhanges here

3 Likes

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2 Likes

Tipp back to where they were under sheedy, hoping Galway or someone might knock out Limerick so that tipp might go on a run.

2 Likes

The Tipp lads have even thrown in the towel attempting to eulogise the ‘hall of famers’. White knighting for Tony Kelly is all they have left :grinning:

Has Keenan got any big matches this year?

Did Clare Waterford and think he did Waterford Tipp last week

Fergal Horgan, when interviewing about his retirement, said Keenan was sidelined after the Munster Final last year without explanation.

Interestingly, just had a quick look there and he’s actually reffed more games than anybody else. They haven’t exactly been the biggest games though (Hynes, Mooney, Jordan & Kennedy have only reffed matches involving Antrim & Westmeath).

John Keenan- 3
Liam Gordon- 2
Thomas Walsh- 2
Colm Lyons- 2
James Owens- 2
Paud O’Dwyer- 2
Johnny Murphy- 2
Sean Stack- 2
Kevin Jordan- 2
Chris Mooney- 2
Michael Kennedy- 2
Shane Hynes- 2

Colm Cunning was brought onto the championship panel this year and hasn’t got any game. He may be injured, but he reffed the Monaleen AI intermediate club final earlier in the year.

His hurl is a quill, his touch is a poet’s hand

2 Likes

Aren’t you meant to be from Clare? :rollseyes:

4 Likes

Tony being set up here for a monumental fall next Week

1 Like

The currency for real greatness is All Ireland medals .

1 Like

Eanna Burke, brother of David, has been a very good club player with Toms, got a few runs with Galway.

Brian Molloy was an excellent minor but is about 5 foot 7 and too small for the big game.

Jack Hastings is on the panel currently and so is Shane Cooney who’s a good player but has had bad injuries.

Sean Linnane was good the other day when he came on.

Ronan o meara was a panel player for a few years. Too slow for inter county but a good club player with Portumna.

That’s 7 in total with whelan being the only consistent starter, poor return.

1 Like

I think it speaks volumes that they’d never won a Clare Senior Hurling title before Tony Kelly’s arrival. They’ve won 4 since 2016.

2 Likes