Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I’m not so sure. They’ve a lot of miles on the clock. I’d much rather be in Clare’s position anyway. Limerick were much fresher coming into last years Munster final and we took over in extra time.

We might have been better off without this game altogether. Players won’t see it that way which is great.

I think in this current format there’s only so many times you can go to the well. Wear and tear begins to take its toll.

We’d 4 tough games in Munster this year unlike last year. It could tell imo as the year goes on.

3 Likes

The Lims wont be able to contain themselves with that news.

What a precious cunt.

On double time and with heaps of overtime on the go?

I’ve noted a few commentators describing Clare as a very emotional team. It explains a bit how they are able to raise their game for Limerick in particular. Limerick used be like this. Also explains why Clare fell flat post Munster last year. This Limerick setup have talked about not relying on emotion for performances and it’s part of why we’ve been a lot more consistent.

Tom Morrissey on TK, are you drunk?

1 Like

He’d be the ideal man.

I think Clare fell flat because there legs were completely gone like a punch drunk boxer.

I highly doubt it was an s&c issue, that doesn’t make sense to me. They were deflated after putting everything into the Munster final and coming up agonisingly short. And when you’re relying on emotion for performance it’s hard to muster it again after something like that.

I think Tipp have suffered a similar faith this year, the stamina and recovery has to be built up and acquired somewhat.

I wasn’t surprised they were flat against Waterford, albeit I didn’t expect them to be that flat. Be interesting to see how much they can recover now

2 Likes

I don’t buy this either, they pretty clearly took it for granted they were going to have a cakewalk against a team that had given up.

About 15 of the outfield 20 who played v Wexford and Kilkenny all missed big chunks of time with injuries and surgeries (6 weeks+) over the spring.

I think there was an element of both in it. Limerick game took its toll on both levels and they weren’t able refill the tank. Clare put in huge efforts in their first three round robin games and Munster final and it just became a case of diminishing returns the longer they had to go.

The same issue isn’t there this year.

1 Like

I Remember Jim mcguiness talking about it with Donegal. Took two years to build up fitness.

That’s why I was so sweet on Waterford. Tipp put a serious effort v Limerick but had no recent history of doing so. The ability to repeat that was always going to be slim.

Like a horse putting up a huge performance in Cheltenham and running flat in aintree.

In fairness to Cahill, I was actually impressed that he copped this pretty early in the year and changed tactics to mitigate against it somewhat. In the league game against Limerick, they tried to play the same direct running game he had with Waterford and while they had great joy in the first half, they wilted badly after half time.

By the time Championship came around they were much more intelligent in their use of the ball and it didn’t require lads killing themselves.

4 Likes

Taken for granted :joy:

The rest of the country were laughing at ye too. :rofl:

1 Like