Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

The arrogance dripping off the Limerick’s outside the Stadium

Niall Moran :man_facepalming:t2:

The 10-12 yr olds in St Aidan’s have ye badly rattled with their little ditty

I’ll have to admit we were outroared there when the teams took the field. The @limericks are up for this

Conor Cleary not togged

Cian lynch mustn’t be in great shape if he’s still not starting.

All jokes aside.

Dowling has no business near a Limerick game as a pundit. He’s a full fool

1 Like

Darragh Lohan announced to start initially, now replaced by Cian Nolan. Jiggery-pokery going on with the 26 and four submitted

Canning showing up in every department today. Dowling looks like a teddy with cobwebs on his head next to the great man.

He sounds like a bit of a bollix to me.Lots of places don’t play hurling but they don’t refuse to put 65s on the pitch or fire sliotars into the stand to show how hardcore they are.

2 Likes

No Donal Og on the panel

Has Joanne had him silenced

The Dow calling the Clare lads a bunch of emotional savages.

Hopefully

I’ve the opposite problem up here. I’m not sure if the small wan will have any interest in sport, although she has a decent left peg on her. Camogie and hurling aren’t played by many clubs at all, and must of them are separate entities. So you have Gaelic Football clubs and hurling clubs. No CLG.

There’s a club down the road, about a kilometre walk, right beside where she will be starting primary school. The club comes in and trains the kids and they use the pitches there. It’s Gaelic Football only. A few blow-ins approached them a few years ago about using the pitches and connecting with the club. They were training hurling and camogie with youngsters. The club said no fucking way. There are lads there apparently that would use hurleys for a bonfire as opposed to allow them on ‘their’ pitch. Club on outskirts of parish (no parish rule at all in this weird auld county anyway) was struggling for numbers, and said ‘come on in’. That club is now thriving because they’re getting all the youngsters playing hurling and football and the original club is starting to lose numbers. We always had both in our club growing up. To be honest, we were better at the football than the hurling. The only medals I have growing up (bar a schools hurling competition when we only had to play some schools in East Limerick so it was handy) were from Gaelic Football

2 Likes

Marty’s pre prepared intro is awful scutter

1 Like

Clare complete the parade.

When old Tom Cashman *would show up at the Rockies pitch and lads were playing soccer they just picked up the ball and switched to Gah for a few seconds and the job was oxo, he could take the gah but foreign sports were a big no no
I’d say there was one of them in many clubs

*He was looking after the pitch, I wouldn’t quite call him a groundsman though I suppose he was

First “listen to the roar” from Marty

Did Byrnes catch that 3 times?

1 Like