Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

I was seething over that at the time. I thought Hego was blackguarded there but look overall - I think he was fair enough to both teams.

I wouldnt fancy trying to ref that match myself today.

1 Like

Kyle was lucky not to get a yellow before he did get one too if people are counting, but overall i thought he was reasonable but the overriding memory will be the non call at the end.

As noted earlier tho, Clare fucked it up themselves and not really a case that limerick deserved the win moreso that Clare didn’t deserve it

He hails from the home of hurling so you’d expect him to be good.

2 Likes

The Limericks invade the pitch and go on the beer after winning a provincial final. I reenacted the finish to todays game with the two youngest in the back yard, then I hoovered out the EV.

1 Like

I genuinely thought he had a dreadful game but will happily watch it back. It’s an absolutely impossible game to ref at the speed and distance it moves.

There was one sequence in particular where Gillane ended up with a fella on his back and the ball was pucked up the far end and Casey was booked I thought was incredibly harsh, but hey, maybe on tv later I’ll change my mind.

A serious day for the Limerick bench. David Reidy was probably my man of the match and CON got a couple of absolutely clutch scores when he came on.

An absolutely massive day in the cittayy, god bless the MSHC.

3 Likes

A game of two halves, don’t think the ref was in favour of anyone in particular. Clare fucked it away for themselves with the wides. The end.

2 Likes

5 Munster Championships in a row. Five. What a team, what a group. Absolutely delighted with that and hopefully they get it together over the next four weeks for another run at the hill. The break is needed.

Hard luck Clare. Had more than enough chances to win it but couldn’t make a proper fist of it when it counted. Gillane destroyed all comers. He is just fucking class.

Another masterclass from WOD down the middle. The boss.

Gordon is a calamity. Rode Limerick red raw in the first half and then gave nothing frees to us on more than one occasion in the second. Allowed Clare advantage for the shot and called it back for the free when it was wide, and pulled Limerick when twice through on goal with advantage. Should have called the free at the death but he bottled it. A hard game to referee no doubt but we knew full well beforehand he’d make a fuck of it. And he duly did.

But that’s not my problem tonight :pint:

Luimneach Abú :nigeria:

13 Likes

Gillane is magic

3 Likes

Kelly is the one leading with the head. Same as Conlon did to Gillane in the first half

Leading or standing upright? :grinning:

3 Likes

You decide…

He’d have to be moving forward to lead, you know that.

Casey was lucky

Once Byrnes caught that puck out the ref should have blown it up. He was only asking for trouble after that, with Clare lads falling all over the place looking for frees.

2 Likes

Tbh I’d say he was planning on calling for it at the puckout. Only he couldnt do it after the pitch invasion or there would have been murder.

What actually happened? It looked like he put his hands in the air to signal it was over? The players beside him thought it was over? I haven’t seen it back yet.

He was actually genuinely signaling a wide, I cant remember now but I think some players were playing on and it had crossed the line.

1 Like

Clare‘s wait to win a Munster is out to 26 years now, after winning a few in the mid to late 90’s to end a 63 year wait.

Waterford are more or less Joe McDonagh Cup standard now and Cork are enduring their longest every drought without winning an All Ireland, out to 19 years.

Leinster has produced 3 different provincial winners since 2018 and it produced a 4th different winner, Dublin 2013 more recently than all the time you’d have to go back for a 4th winner in Munster - Waterford in 2010.

1 Like

Imagine that weirdo using his business page to make tweets like that. Clare man of course.

So dumb

Ah shtap

He wasn’t happy with puckout and wanted it retaken