Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It was definitely to do with a wide ball, he waved his hands in a “wide ball” mode and I knew what he was signalling but also instantly knew all hell would break loose.

It was more the signal he made. He blew the whistle and sort of put his hands in the air.

Defo retake the puck out

1 Like

Absolutely no surprise to see the new money Limerick fans not understand the referees signalling.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Congrats to limerick, the better and more composed team on the day. Thought their backs were excellent as a unit in the second half, even with some of Clare’s terrible wides they put huge pressure on throughout and it told. Limerick put the squeeze on in the third quarter and Clare hadn’t the composure to weather it well enough. They rallied in the last ten but left far too many scores behind them - looked a free at the end but you make your own luck and we in essence blew it regardless of the call/non call. Limerick’s nous and experience stood to them.

Both teams cancelled each other out and a lot of players hurled in fits and starts. Gillane the obvious star turn but both sides will feel there is more in them.

A sickening enough loss - but thankfully as Galway showed there are worse ways to lose these games.

30 Likes

Galway always find a way.

2 Likes

That 30 second passage of play was like a bad junior league match

I’d have massive sympathy for the lads tormented by Joseph Cooney, that passage summed him up

1 Like

Massive ask of a lad to take up Clearys role vs Gillane.

All the same, Gillane was unbelievable. I think he was the difference the last day for Limerick vs Cork as well.

Clare county board really fucked up wanting this game in the Gaelic grounds.clowns

I’d lay the majority of the blame today with Lohan. Players hitting a few bad wides can happen but leaving that poor lad on Gillane for so long was unforgivable. Just switch the corner backs. Mulcahy was doing nothing and offers little threat at this stage.

That’s Lohan’s philosophy, you win your own battle or die trying. Maybe too much fluting around at the start alright but it’ll hopefully stand to Nolan another day

Hayes got fried by Flanagan last year after cleaning him in the group game. He won that matchup hands-down today.

Venue had no bearing on the loss

5 Likes

Massive atmosphere in there today, pure 50/50, never seen a wall of colour in the Gaelic Grounds like the wall of yellow in the Caherdavin end.

1 Like

The GAA need to keep supporters off the pitch while the game is still going on.

Arguably they should be kept off it at the end. Players deserve a bit of space at the end of a game. Particularly losing players.

We’d look at that differently in Limerick mate.

Fire out the youngsters. It was always going to happen. 2013 was the same.

Assume it will be Croker or limerick again for the A/I quarter finals

Congrats to Limerick. Thought ye blew us out of the water in the 3rd quarter when the fat was in the fire. We battled away to our lads’ credit and maybe should have got the equaliser but I wouldn’t have any complaints. Thought Dan Morrissey was immense and the backs in general shut us out when we were desperate for scores going down the stretch.

6 Likes

Cork will be getting a twist somewhere in there