Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

The carkies will try and bring em down leeside

@tassotti

6 Likes

I don’t know how Lohan stayed looking at Gillane taking him to the cleaners for so long. Seadhna Morey even did okay when he came on.

Clare didn’t have the guile or scoring power in the forward line. Shane O’Donnell with his pace and tenacity was a threat throughout but he had very little support. Those two shots that Tony Kelly had blocked down summed up a scrappy enough match.

It was punishingly hot in the ground, which is a mitigating factor for both sides. The amount of roasters (on both sides) that I observed that turned up in big heavy winter jeans and a layer too much on top, with the sweat just pouring off them to dehydration levels was a sight to behold. Paddy doesn’t do warm weather very well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t see enough of clare to know but how come Morey doesn’t start. He’s always done well I thought any time iv seen him even back to 21s level

He gave the greatest display of defending ever in an Underage game in the 2010 All Ireland as a 17 year old and was U21 HOTY at 19 in 2012.

An unfulfilled Senior career truth be told.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a long long time. Terrible to see some Clare players swallowed up in that mayhem today

1 Like

SOD gets blackguarded

I remember him being absolutely outstanding in an u21 Munster final or semi final against Limerick …prob 2012

That’s a clear head butt. Disgraceful

1 Like

Limerick wouldnt have been in any Munster u21 Finals those years.

I’d say its the 2014 Quarter Final.

Some amount of those Clare players underachieved really for one reason or another.

Still though good to see him out there today and himself and Flanagan showed that the generation of hurlers who are now 30/31, are by and large, better still than those in the U24 age bracket.

Do you know who I’m most delighted for?

Aaron Gillane. And his family Who have had to put up with an awful lot of shit over the last 7 months, with absolutely no basis whatsoever to it. Pure fucking scutter.

It would have affected lesser men.

What a fucking player.

19 Likes

And all because he wanted to play a bit of soccer for a few weeks, fucking gossiping cunts.

Is Cian Lynch actually hurling any more or is he just modelling earrings?

THE GLORY OF IT!!!

7 Likes

Clare’s lack of depth in the backline has proven a killer in their two biggest games in the past 12 months. Paidi Fitz starting against Kilkenny last year and Cian Nolan today. Can’t understand why Seadna Morey didn’t start given how well he hurled when he came on. How do we see another potential Kilkenny v Clare semi-final playing out this year?

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In any case, tis his own that are worst for spreading rumours, no more than Hegarty found out lately

1 Like

Same as last year, comfortable KK win

I thought Dan Morrissey was an unsung hero today.

He hardly had the ball in his hands the whole game, but got in a massive sequence of flicks, blocks, tackles, tips etc. He just snuffed out danger and that is the essence of defending.

Mo cheol thú, Dónal.

8 Likes

I think he’s probably the only Limerick back to get plaudits today and rightly so. Hannon and Byrnes have never been as poor. Hayes had his usual few bursts but Morrissey and O Donoghue sweeping back carried that Limerick defence.

1 Like