Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

If Clare get over the winner of Carlow/Dublin, I can’t see anything other than a Kilkenny win over Clare in the semi final.

1 Like

They’ll know what to expect after last years debacle

From a neutral point of view I’d love to have seen a Tipp v Kilkenny quarter-final and a Clare v Galway semi-final. It will all feel too similar to last year of Galway overcome Tipp and face Limerick in another semi. I wouldn’t discount Carlow throwing a spanner in the works at home to Dublin but they wouldn’t sustain that against Clare.

All Ireland final will be a repeat of todays clash in Munster

:smiley:

It was reminiscent of Dublin v Wexford Leinster Football Final in 2008 when the Dubs invaded the pitch before it was over. But that game was long since over as a contest by that stage whereas today it was on a knife edge. I was surprised by how easily they retrieved the situation and got the fans off the pitch. I said it early but they needed Rob Ryan patrolling the end line.

This aged well

10 Likes

Most of the players shooed the kids off the field, Gillane gave high fives. Burst laughing at it, great moment.

5 Likes

Some lad had a child under both arms hauling them off :joy:

1 Like

Still sore but I think we’ll use the hurt to at least reach an all Ireland final . We owe KK after last years no show - think we have every chance of beating them. If it’s limerick in the final then the aggregate score is level after our last four 70 mins. Not all doom and gloom

3 Likes

Clare’s physicalty is huge. While the quality wasn’t the highest, that game will have taken a lot out of both teams, especially after the gruelling group stages. While it’s previously been derided in the past, I think the 4 week break to the semi is the real prize today.

10 Likes

I’d say Gillane enjoyed that as much as the young fellas, lovely bit of divilment in him.

5 Likes

Was it you that was going to the game today?

I still don’t really understand Duggan as inside forward, he was better and more effective as a half forward I’ve always thought. Thought SOD had a good game today but equally I’m always happier to see him positioned out around half forward further away from the goal. Clare are a super team and I hope they don’t fall away like last year. In fairness, most people with a clue reckoned cleary out and gillane’s impact would decide the game today and so it went.

2 Likes

Did he do enough to get an All Star?

Down Lynch and Finn, two of the best players in the game. Casey and O’Neill don’t start. Hannon gets a knock and goes off. Tom Morrissey our best player this year quietish by his standards and taken off. And against all that other players step up all over. Backs finish the game down three first choice defenders and put in a phenomenal last quarter. We’ve demonstrated depth we didn’t think we had a few weeks ago, and the young lads O’Neill, Adam English and Coughlan all step up. That’s a brilliant team and squad showing.

4 Likes

:rollseyes: …….

Yes we did this won’t last we enjoy these moments

2 Likes

Well done to both teams on an enjoyable game and congrats to the @limericks.

Two genuine questions.

1. What is the story with Cian Lynch?

2. What was Lohan looking at with Nolan. IIRC last year vs Wexford he was ruthless in removing Rory Hayes after 10 minutes. Contrast that with the lethargy today.

Even shifting him onto to another player? He was booked and couldn’t get tight or chance a tackle on Gillane