Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

True. Looking back on Sunday though, we gave away an amount of stupid frees. Watching it the first time I thought the ref was riding us, he wasn’t.

7 Likes

What eejit said that?

I think a more accurate comment is it’s ok to flake the shit out of the opposition as long as an opposition maor uisce taps a fella on the belly …it’s like going to confession, all sins are forgiven

What was the cork 2007 situation?

Hegartys yellow for dissent was terrible for a guy who’s playing on the edge. He doesn’t seem to be hurling too well either. I’m not sure if he’s carrying an injury or something.

That was where Cork had a number of players suspended after themselves and Clare got to know each other in the tunnel

1 Like

1 CORK v CLARE
Munster SHC quarter-final at Semple Stadium

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A tunnel incident with a difference, as the clashes began when both teams were running out prior to the game. Questions were asked of the pre-match organisation as Cork and Clare emerged together.

A niggle started on the way out as two lines of schoolchildren formed a guard of honour. Shamefully, the players ignored any semblance of maturity and started a series of confrontations, leading to ugly scenes before they were eventually separated.

Nobody was booked or sent off for that pre-game affray as the referee Pat O’Connor and his team had not taken charge.

Ironically, the match itself was played in a reasonably disciplined fashion. Cork won by 1-18 to 1-11.

Subsequent action by GAA authorities resulted in four-week suspensions for Donal Og Cusack, Diarmuid O’Sullivan and Sean Og O hAilpin (Cork) and Clare’s Colin Lynch, Barry Nugent, Andrew Quinn and Alan Markham.

Finished that Cork team.

1 Like

That cork team were finished a few years before that tbf.

Cha Fitzpatrick finished that Cork team in 06.

Scenes nobody wants to see. Other than absolutely everyone

2 Likes

They won the All Ireland in 04 and 05, lost the 06 final by 3 points and never raised a gallop after that brawl. That’s the long and the short of it.

5 Likes

I’d hope Mike would have a rethink about his post and retract it today

1 Like

It was uncalled for escalation from banter to vitriol.

1 Like

Completely out of keeping with the poster in question.

My default position is that the ref is always riding Tipp. This is only heightened when I’m at the match.

1 Like

South Riding or North Riding?

1 Like

I was expecting a cousin riding comment tbh :laughing:

2 Likes

They were rattled to the core on Sunday

:rollseyes:.

I was in the Park so I didn’t watch the game or read the thread but I was fierce disappointed with that post.

Pressure mounts & makes people do or say irrational things