Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

They still had a bit left in the tank. They were 4 points up on us in the quarter final going down to the wire. In the last few minutes we scored wan wan to snatch a draw.

Twas a fierce exciting finish. Eoin McGrath burst through could have taken a goal or a point, went for the jugular, needless to say made a bollix of it. Donal Og saves, scramble ensues and Brian Gavin gives us a handy 20 metre free to draw the game because he deems that Dónal Og fell on the ball.

1 Like

One check had the ball coming from the opposite side of the posts to where it came from. I cannot remember if it was Níl or Tá but it wasn’t from the same play in question.
Get rid of it tafuck

Brendan Cummins actually said that it wasn’t any technology that provided an answer, rather a couple of lads looking at the replay :man_shrugging:

Ah Jaysus.

1 Like

Yeah I recall Gavin ruled that Donal Og threw himself down on the ball to prevent Flynn from being able to make a play on the ball.
Flynn said he thinks Sully stopped the shot with his arse.
Eoin Mc totally choked on his shot alright as he was haring through.

:slightly_smiling_face: Killinascully

Ffs. Is it only Croke park they have the technology or is it the same up there with a couple of goons looking at replays.

I’m pretty sure that’s not true; they have the technology in Thurles.

And the graphics have never reflected the actual trajectory of the ball; all the technology does is tell you whether it’s gone over the bar or not; not where it’s come from, etc.

1 Like

Each Hawkeye took a minute last Sunday. That’s way too long

1 Like

Flake the shit? :rofl:

The Flanagan one was bad. Hego’s was just silly and his physique done him more than anything.

You’re a serious drama queen and reflective of the state of manhood in Cork

1 Like

Yeah it’s very slow in Thurles for whatever reason.

It is due to the height of the stands - it’s not ideal for Hawkeye

1 Like

Hawkeye had serious reservations about even installing the system

Correct they didn’t want to install it because the stands are completely different and it doesn’t work as accurately. All the issues in croker have been the hill end haven’t they,”?

Could they not put a net across the posts above the crossbar? We have it below the posts, why not above?

Or just get lads with proper eyesight & a basic positional sense to do the job.

1 Like

It’s still a difficult job even with good eye sight. I’ve been landed with the role on more occasions than I’d have liked and can be very difficult to call

1 Like

It’s a simple job made difficult by simpletons

The 2007 quarter final double-header was a classic day in croker.

Clare decided to bring on 2 subs before the game started which did not upset limerick. We had a good win
The second game, Waterford v cork, was a cracker.