Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

I wonder is it a constraints led approach?

A CLA if you will.

1 Like

According to some on here , he should have stuck to the football

1 Like

Clare have really good quality players throughout the team and good players on the bench. I actually thought scanning the programme there today it was the closest team and panel I’d seen to Limerick in terms of quality.

They should give Sheedy (GK), Rynne (midfield) and Jack O Neill every chance next year. It’s a pity Eoghan Gunning isn’t 3 years older and then your team to win an AI is complete.

You’d doubt that SOD, Duggan, Conlon, peak TK will be still around in 2026 when the younger players I have mentioned above will be ripe.

I know he had a meltdown v Tipp but Foudy is a better keeper in every facet than Quilligan and they should have stuck with him that time.

Looking forward to looking at the Leinster SHC final again.

Hope @endakenny saw it. Limerick perform all the basic skills of the game a level no one else has gotten to.

1 Like

Fitzgerald it was. Even more impressive.

2 Likes

A brilliant moment from Reidy.

1 Like

Don’t seem to have many great decision makers though, guys who know right thing to do at the right time

Jeez i dunno.

Conlon/McInerney are old now and Quilligan/Lohan/Malone aren’t elite.

I didnt rate Leen until today but he was very good.

They also physically hammer teams

Limerick’s first player taken off today was our talisman and the best player in the country Cian Lynch. Next was our player of the season so far, O’Neill. Next taken off was the current hurler of the year.

7 Likes

Leen has grown on me, he’s fiercely competitive & athletic which is paramount nowadays but he is getting better on the ball with each game. Unlike Rory hayes he knows his place on the team seen when he passed it to David Fitzgerald instead of shooting.

John Conneally and Keith Smyth will be options in the main 20 next year too I’d say.

Tipp could seriously do with Malone or even Lohan.

Shane O Donnell will probably move abroad next year. Unless Kelly rediscovers his form they wont be able to make that loss up. Big problem is Quilligan though, it’s not like he’s a good shot stopper.

But aside from personalities they are just too wasteful. Corks obsession with possession might pay dividends. You can see Kilkenny are trying everything to build that into their game, they probably just don’t have enough classy forwards at the minute. Every one else, including Clare, are playing what is now prehistoric hurling. Waterford might be telling Davy they want to play it their way, Galway might just want to lorry it in, but that’s not good enough any more.

1 Like

Options but doubt they will improve it too much, is there any 9.8/10 free taker around? Rodger’s probably the best but does miss.

And yet i think nearly every goal in both provincial finals came from direct ball going in to full forward line

The free on Lynch there before the goal :smiley: