Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

So true, talent wise they were there with those good Tipp and KK teams. I remember watching them beat the brains out of Cork at U21 down in Cork after winning the All Ireland.

They should have had some great battles with Tipp/KK/Galway between 2014 and 2016.

Instead Tipp wiped the floor with them in a League Semi Final in 2014 and they never recovered.

1 Like

They recovered from all running Davy subjected them to out in Portugal.

It was the warm weather camp the week previous that they never recovered from. It was a bizarre few weeks of management from Davy - I think I catalogued some of his antics from that march/April here before.

1 Like

Limerick are only getting stronger . Cork defeat only seems to have made them focus earlier in year than previous .
Clare just don’t seem to have the street smarts / know how , especially as a forward unit .
I think limerick will ate Cork if they get them again

2 Likes

Did the league run take a bit out of Clare this year?

2 Likes

And Tony Kelly went off the boil a bit under him which is some going for a coach.

Not really - sure they had only 8 or 9 starters playing most day and rotated the panel throughout.

Kelly and David Mcinerney looked like lads who have missed a lot of hurling and were a couple of levels below their usual standard. Typically when they hurl well Clare hurl well. Hegarty won his battle with Hames fairly easily.

1 Like

When Mayo were going head to head with Dublin, Mayo were the second best team around. That’s not the case with Clare.

:man_facepalming:t3:

I’ve it from a good source that a piece of silverware was a necessity this year and with the league being the most likely option they went hell for leather for it and will suffer as the year goes on.

He’s right.

There’s never been a team like Limerick for physicality. Absolute animals . Opposition must be shattered from the hits with 10 mins left

3 Likes

And then add in a lad like Hannon firing over scores from halfway off his bad side like its nothing.

2 Likes

What’s your logic there, cos that’s a sentence that makes no sense at all?

1 Like

Hegartys last score from his own half :eyes:

1 Like

I dropped Buff a shoulder outside Hayes’ … Cunt shat himself

5 Likes

I was on about Munster really

I liked the part where he said he probably wouldn’t have started for most senior clubs at 19 when comparing himself to the Bull O’ Brien. I know it’s dangerous to judge a performance on scoring contributions but in simple terms Hego has gone from scoring 0-1 against Caherline in a Junior A semi-final in 2015 to 2-2 or whatever he scored against Cork in the 2021 final. A rare sighting of a ground strike goal today. I love pulling on it myself when close to goal and my scoop/pick up invariably lets me down under pressure😅

11 Likes

It’s class. He’s an incredible player. David Reidy was probably second in line for motm today for me. A guy who would have been discarded by most counties, the levels he’s improved is amazing. The training under Kinnerk has improved these players to levels they would not have reached otherwise.

6 Likes