Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

They couldn’t. Limerick forced them long. At best their puck outs were 50/50

The Mackey Stand is an abomination. nobody is disputing that.

Thurles is nowadays a dangerous shithole and it needs calling out. If the next few Munster Finals need to be played in Cork, so be it.

7 Likes

To be fair to SOD, he is so good at winning dirty ball (and strong in the air) and was wing-forward for the past two seasons and did well; it’s just he’s been more of a scoring threat inside.

SOD isn’t much of a pointscorer, his striking is limited enough but he’s a really good direct runner and is excellent at getting frees.

The question I was more asking is would Kelly be able to lead the line from 14? Is it a waste to have a fella of his pointscoring ability inside? But then, he has the pace, the first touch, the footwork, the goalscoring ability… I’ve always thought he could be a serious inside forward.

There was a 30/70 ball Kyle won and it was simply marvellous. No other player wins it and he just does it so easily.

Absolutely magic.

1 Like

That’s fair I just thing O Donnell is far more dangerous inside. I don’t think he’d be near the creator or point scorer that Kelly would be but Kelly is so far off his best now it’s hard to see him ever that good again. If he gof his pace back for sure he’d be a goal threat. But then Clare don’t have the midfield or half forwards, or system, to utilise him. I still think O Donnell would have to be inside.

1 Like

I don’t think so, he’s not as comfortable with his back to goal and gets sidetracked coming out the field.

He’s also weak off his right on the turn.

His best hurling is done in the 9/11/12 channel but he has to be fit which he is not currently. He should come on from the run.

1 Like

Home after a long day, and a couple of pints. Was sitting with my cousin, and his 12 year old son. The son believes Limerick never lose, he knows nothing but success. At 12 I had seen us win the League in 84 and 85 but had also seen us lose to Cork and Tipp religiously, I was 12 in 89 we were hammered by Tipp in PUC, Joe Hayes and Donie O Connell high fiving and laughing at us.

Those days make the current team and era even more glorious. This is a phenomenal team, the drive, hunger they show is unreal. Their skill levels even more so.6 Munsters in a row, the stuff of dreams.

16 Likes

Those long puck outs by Clare in the opening half were bread and butter to Limerick. Had to have something else in the bag.

If it’s cork in the semi final I’d love to see kyler centrally. Make Collins split the puck out. Kyle would cover across. It would melt corks head.

1 Like

As things stand at the moment, all Munster finals should be in Cork.

1 Like

Sheedy called it at ht, they need to be hit in between Byrnes & Hannon, not straight up the middle.

Yeah, that’s probably fair enough, it’s easy to overreact when he doesn’t look fit. He still scored 3 points or whatever, he had one bad miss but is generally well able to pop those balls over the bar. But he never really opened the legs up and took Limerick on, he never carried the ball from back to front, he didn’t win any breaks or dirty ball or even those ones where he just gets out in front of man, shows his lovely touch and just glides past the marker.

I suppose the question from the outside is: is he still carrying the injury or is he just rusty? Presumably it’s a lack of match fitness rather than having been rushed back and still suffering the effects. But they’ll need him in two weeks, I think.

Today was a body blow for Clare. Not saying they can’t recover but Wexford will fancy it and if it happens, it will change the semifinals line up

Yep but that won’t work long term. Kinnerk always comes up with the answers. Cork forewarned Limerick. It’s very naive from Clare that they thought it would work again.

No serious person takes note of your thoughts on here to be fair, he’s been one of the best hurlers in the country the last 5 years so you’re awakening to that fact while timely is irrelevant really.

4 Likes

Sad to see Semple being left in as bad nick as it is, brutal to have no water in the sinks or toilets at the Killinan end before the game and the resultant amount of waste that was left making the cubicles unusable. Not good enough in this day and age, you’d feel for the women having to queue in the men’s.

5 Likes

The mens were as bad for the men today. Total carnage particularly when the throw in was delayed

Cheers, it’s a pity your fellow county man can’t be as magnanimous as yourself and still reverts to bitterness

1 Like

He’s rent free in your head. Let it go and enjoy it.

1 Like

Young Lohan had a nightmare
Game for Clare today. Two major cock ups.

Have no mistake I am super enjoying it and reading fair contributions like yourself, I’m not bitter and will be the first to laud other teams when our run inevitably ends.

1 Like