Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Dalton leaned up a good bit to add some speed to his game, but he’s a block of muscle. Wouldn’t be the quickest in terms of acceleration but once he’s going he’s nippy enough. Left a few Limerick lads grabbing for air a couple of times and tracked back to blow a lad out of it too. He’s as natural a striker of a ball as you’ll find. Doesn’t have the stamina for the full 70 though.

1 Like

Natural striker off the ball as well

4 Likes

The obvious talent Dalton has is his striking, which is as good as it gets. Obvious issue is he doesn’t have the engine to last more than 50 minutes in a game.

He’d have probably been phenomenal in a different era.

Learning from the best.

Dalton is a good striker of the ball.

Very natural.

Off his left side, yes. Nicely flat, demi overhand stroke, leaning in, almost tiptoe front foot – but: front foot. Makes ball whizz on.

But DD a bit onesided, no?

I think the issue is that a lot of the balls weren’t conforming previously.

2 Likes

That makes sense alright

Dalton is a steamer.

He’ll be sorted down the road… good n proper.

2 Likes

Dalton did something no one ever believed possible by sorting hayes out.

He made a cork hurler likable to the rest of the country.

6 Likes

He’s a victim of his own success I’d suggest, he has a left hand side swing not too dissimilar to Anthony Nash, massive back lift with all body parts working perfectly so he probably favoured this growing up.

His right is fairly average hence why he struggled as an inside forward when he needs to be able to clip scores off his back foot on either side, Aaron Gillane worked on this facet of his play brilliantly after the 2019 loss to KK when he was pushed onto that side and missed a few easy shots.
Probably too late for Dalton at this stage at 27.

2 Likes

FFS :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve no idea if Declan Dalton is a good striker or not.

I was just amused at the commentary around it and added my comment.

Tfk4eva.

3 Likes

I appreciated what you did pal.

https://twitter.com/OurGameHQ/status/1790776515312963904

Rattled.com

1 Like

Has he tried getting more players to wear contact lenses?

9 Likes

Just have to give the helmet earpieces to more players.

Presume that’s why me man kept changing his helmet

Which one?