Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Can see why you’d say that for sure. Clare have the two best individual players in SOD and TK. Not a lot in it but Cork have a lot of talented lads that are a good age with loads of upside.

It’s difficult to predict

I’d say less

This Clare team don’t seem to be able to hurl in Croke Park.

Its great to see supporters of lots of counties energised and giddy again! The long and short of it is that I and I imagine most Limerick folk would gladly before a ball was pucked in the round robin have settled for a scenario whereby wiin our last game at home and we’re in a Munster final. I always felt a real possibility we’d drop points in either Ennis or Cork. Still in our own hands and thats all you can ask for.

2 Likes

I keep looking up on YouTube.

There’s a lot of overthinking going on.

Limerick are at the same level they were at this stage last year, with their own destiny their in hands, and with a home game to go.

They had a bit of a systems malfunction the other night and elements of it were disappointing but Cork were like a team demented, fighting for their lives. Hunger a great sauce. But that type of emotion isn’t sustainable.

A change or two needs to be made alright but Limerick are in a great position .

4 Likes

The only change Limerick need is DOD midfield. Byrnes will find form I think.

Tom Morrissey has these episodes a lot in his own form. He usually finds it eventually.

Finn or Casey will return to the FB line soon, perhaps not for Waterford.

Clare are the biggest threat to Limerick. I have no doubt about that.

5 Likes

Tom needs the yellow helmet back also.

10 Likes

I’d still give Tipp a decent chance. Yes Cork have momentum but the sheer physicality and effort of last Saturday night was unreal. If Tipp are still in touch going into the final quarter it could be fair interesting.

Via @Copper_pipe

5 Likes

Surprised Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Cork are creating 6+ genuine goal scoring chances. If they take 2/3 they will have enough to beat Tipp

Can’t see Tipp defence living with them.

A lot of it will come down to how much Saturday night took out of them. They still had to go to the well. I suspect they will go all out to have the game put to bed by the 50th minute. If they don’t, you’d have to give Tipp a shot. Look at what happened Tipp last year after going toe to toe with Limerick.

Kehoe and Morris will get plenty of change inside themselves, Tipp could just as easily hit 3+ goals and will need to.

Look, there’s no getting back in the long grass for ye now.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

One thing I’ve noticed over the years - after an incredible high (like Cork’s win and jubilant celebrations Saturday night), often comes a low, or at the very least, a flat performance. I’ve seen it time and time again, in every sport. It can very challenging to come back down to earth from that high. On paper, Cork should win it. But how much will Saturday have taken out of the Cork players emotionally…… Tipp will have two weeks off, and know, given their awful scoring difference, it’s win or bust for them. They’ve shown they can do it when the gun is put to their head, as their performance in Walsh Park proved.

4 Likes

I knew Waterford would beat Tipp last year when I saw the celebrations of the Tipp players after drawing with Limerick.

1 Like