Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

The crush was a little frightening there for a bit in the Blackrock terrace. The crowd were extremely young and were pushing to get onto the field but not all the gates were fully open. Saw one woman have to be pulled up off the ground just behind the goals. One jackass of a steward decides to throw and close one of the open gates with people going through, eventually he gave up when 10 or lads kept plowing through

There’s been a messy element on the terraces for some of the Cork games over the last couple of seasons

Happy days. Cheers men :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Last couple of seasons!? Shall I remind you of the Cork vs Tipp game down the Pairc in around 09?

Do you think Waterford and Limerick could agree to play out a 0-0 draw in the style of West Germany and Austria to eliminate Algeria in the 1982 Workd Cup?

1 Like

I look forward to your expert analysis and the 4 phantom frees Cork got at the start of the second half to keep em ticking over

1 Like

I’ll give a neutral opinion. Expert level? 0.0.

A neutral expert. I was aghast on the night to see how differently the teams were reffed. To have it confirmed on watch back was sickening. Vile.

That’s 16 years ago. I’m more referring to this round-robin era

A legion of drunken young wans with denim shorts cut up past their arses, leave that carry on to @Kyle

3 Likes

I get you now.

All things being equal I would take Clare and even Kilkenny to beat Cork going off all we have seen over the past few seasons. Cork were excellent at times the other night but their floor is a level lower than Clare and Kilkenny when it comes to workrate and aggression without the ball.

Me and a few of my fellow Wexican supporters will be surprised to see that Stack had a good game. I’ll be keeping eye.

1 Like

You are a great man.

What happened that time, was that Aisakes greatest day?

The professional stewarding team munster had for the games there got a lot of criticism…do the GAA still let a gang of elderly club members do the stewarding or is it now a paid gig?

1 Like

Thinking of the day everyone was on the sideline. Aisake would have gone in 03 no? Eoin Kelly’s greatest day.

Good point. Could be like that time in 2007 Waterford finally beat Cork in a quarter final and a week later ran into an unfancied Limerick team who hosed them for 25 minutes and the game was gone from Waterford.

2 Likes

No that was 2010

A young Seamus Callanan ran riot.

2010 was Aisake.