Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

It’s a Munster final ffs, it should be an act befitting of the occasion - Taylor Swift or the like.

1 Like

I thought that must have been a mistake when announced…a knock out championship game for both teams? Around 100k limerick supporters looking for AIF tickets? Maybe was just a busy communion weekend or something

#tryingtoohard

1 Like

#unlikethelimericksupporters

1 Like

There seemed to be a lot of tickets floating around yesterday on WhatsApp
It was unusual for a knock out game

1 Like

I’d wager the under 20 final last week was the best attended hurling game in Leinster this year.

1 Like

Limerick-itis is a nasty disease. Eats away at the soul do it does.

40 more minutes for pints so

You’d really miss the minor game. Surely a first round of the mid championship between the likes of Holycross and Moycarkey would bring more in than that scutter

5 Likes

Cork saving the game financially and physically. Hon the Supervalu PUC.

1 Like

Very unusual…I hope the supporters who attended yesterday will be able to get tickets for the semi final

Average for the 8 games not in Walsh Park with its ultra low capacity is also 31k

I wouldn’t have too much to quibble about with Kennedy yesterday. He did give one absolutely atrocious free though against Waterford yesterday about 57-58 minutes just after Waterford had cut it to 2, which was a real momentum sucker, if there was any momentum starting to build.

Prunty got out first to a ball ahead of Gillane flicked it away and Limerick got a free in for god knows what. Prunty shored up the full back line somewhat yesterday for Waterford. Think Gillane finished scoreless from play.

I doubt Waterford would have conceded 4 goals in Ennis last week if Prunty was there.

1 Like

Kennedy facilitated a rubby league/ Olympic handball mixed with some hurling after countless steps.

He done Waterford at every turn. Two throws to nil to cap it off.
Hego & WOD spent the whole game pupping and acting the scut.

I had great hopes for kennedy but he’s gone way back in my estimation. It’s probably not possible to “referee” Limerick though…

Bring it up at the next ICA meeting

4 Likes

Look, ye are not able to look at these things objectively which I understand. It’s a pity though as that Limerick team could win with great panache but if they actually policed the game of hurling.
It’s like robocop hurling at the moment sponsored by Team Sky.

3 Likes

Give It To Me Want GIF

I saw that incident back and he was pulling Gillanes arm back, he got it spot on.

Waterford were their own worst enemies in that regard though repeatedly bringing the ball into contact against a much bigger physical team. They coughed up three first half scores on turnovers when Stephen Bennett, Tadhg de Burca and Callum Lyons all lost the ball in contact and Limerick scored two more from frees when Jamie Barron and possibly Iarlaith Daly were penalised for over carrying after getting bottled up in possession.

2 Likes

These lads only see what they want to see. Sad really.

5 Likes