Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Fuck em all, fuck every single one of them while the going is good.

For all the talk of change in hurling it looks like it’ll be one of the traditional Big 3 - Limerick, Kilkenny or Cork - who will win it out again this year.

2 Likes

The back to back counties as they’re fondly known as

3 Likes

Did ye pass out Tipperarys 28 All Ireland titles? Are we gone full snowflake and counting each one for 4 nowadays?

As fellow four-in-a-row winners, we tip our hats to Kilkenny and Cork.

2 Likes

Four in a rows in non-wartime times are key to greatness.

2 Likes

Fuck that.

1 Like

I know sometimes there is a theory that if you put a really fast, mobile player at wing-forward against a big, strong man and you can work the ball through the lines that they will be able to collect the ball and run at pace at them and win a free or leave them flat-footed.

Cork used to do it to some effect with Dan Kearney. Peter Hogan has done it for Waterford at times.

Obviously puckouts are another issue, you probably have to be hitting space.

The problem with that tactic on Sunday is that Kyle isn’t some big, lumbering, flat-footed wing-back. He’s probably the fastest back on the turn in the country. And Waterford were struggling on their own short puckouts in the first half.

4 Likes

It’s better to have him running towards his own goal rather than the opposition one. David Fitz had a good game on him in the round robin game last year doing just that. Hayes beat him comfortably in the MF then

100%, I think that’s true of all backs tbf.

I would say that was easily his worst ever performance for Limerick, he was fairly poor. Our entire half-back line had a serious off-day, just sluggish and poor on the ball.

Ticket Prices – Munster Senior Hurling Championship Final
Stands – €45 for adults, €40 for students / OAPs, €5 for juveniles
Terrace – €35 for adults, €30 for students / OAPs, €5 for juveniles

Ticket Information

Terrace tickets for the Munster Hurling Final will go on sale at 11am on Thursday May 30th while stocks last via participating Centra and Supervalu outlets and via Ticketmaster (gaa.ie/tickets)

Based on past experience, Limerick supporters will make up the majority of the Town End Terrace while Clare supporters will be in the majority in the Killinan End Terrace.

Stand tickets will be distributed through the participating County Boards only.

No season tickets?

Tomorrow id say.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1795417428408619265?s=46

Fucking box office.

More money for the GAA coffers to be redistributed into the grassroots/Dublin machine

1 Like

That’s bollixing.

There should also be some discount for those who have attended all four round robin games.

The Munster council laughing at the supporters.

2 Likes

€45 is very, very saucy.

The season ticket is absolutely no value (in monetary terms) bar being guaranteed a ticket for every game.

7 Likes

Good for the nerves though

2 Likes

It is but delighted to be in a position having to make the decision…again. I hope i have to fork out again next year

1 Like

I see you left out the fact they scored 8 goals in the first 3 games. Not that facts or research concern you. Limerick had 6 or 7 lads beaten in an u20 all ireland 2 years ago on Sundays panel.
Plenty of the tipp lads have minor, u20 21 medals. Not limericks fault they’re underperforming.