Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

The GAA should be reducing ticket prices in a scenario where two of the weaker counties are in a national final.

2 Likes

What are the genuine reasons for the consistently poor fan following of Tipperary at all grades?

They could sell them for a quid a piece and those mane cunts would still crib.

1 Like

25% off for premier view posters with over 100 posts.

1 Like

Damn split season :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Tipperary could learn a lot from Offaly.

A mighty amount of kicking when down going on here.

Kudos.

Tipperary people, like Kerry in football are very, very cynical.

Kerry had 2x home games in this years football championship and didn’t half fill Killarney for either. They were in an u20 All Ireland final two weeks ago and there was 4k in attendance.

Yet a West Kerry Final between Dingle and An Gaeltacht would get a huge crowd or even a County League game would be relatively well attended. Same is true in Tipp.

2 Likes

If this Round robin structure continues, there will likely come a time when Limerick or Clare will be bottom at some stage and I doubt they will be selling out their ticket allocations either.

Cork will always have a following due to their population of 500,000 people where Hurling is the most popular spectator sport by far.

The lack of a Tipp crowd was a story back in 2022 when it was initially noticed but it has got tiresome and repetitive now.

There was only 17k or something at Clare v Limerick in thurles in 2017

I was at the Borrisoleigh v Upperchurch League semi final Sunday last before Tipp v Clare. There was a savage crowd at it. Simon Harris was outside supporting his FG local and European candidates knowing the big crowd that would be there.

1 Like

There you go.

In fairness, I would agree with the general sentiment that Limerick have a core group of 10-15,000 supporters that were always there and up with the best in the country. It was and is definitely higher than Tipp.

On the opposite of that, they have a huge bandwagon element now that are probably the least knowledgeable hurling supporters I have ever seen. They screech for every Limerick free and plainly ignore their owns teams indiscretions. They wouldn’t be seen near a general club game. This cohort would be present in Tipperary but not as vast as most Tipp people, especially in the 40 hurling clubs in the North, Mid-West and Bermuda triangle area of South Tipp take hurling very seriously.

1 Like

Sunday morning League games can be annoying for players who have to give up their entire weekend effectively, but they get really good crowds, and the knowledge of hurling among those crowds, would be very, very high.

Very like Galway in this regard.

It must also be noted that the hurling heartland of Tipperary is farming country, particularly dairy farming, and 4pm throw in times in the month of May for games where traffic is going to be an issue, just don’t work.

12pm throw in times for a local league game is far more palatable and then you have the situation where an U21 County Final in deep mid Winter would get a couple of thousand at it when the cows are gone dry.

1 Like

:joy:
Define “weaker”**

**Starters orders

HRH is the most popular spectator sport in cark mate.

Would you ever Tip along to a game yourself? It must be years since you went to one. We need all hands on deck.

He has no more worlds to conquer. He’s won the lot (Munster, Leinster, the league, All-Ireland, Ireland’s fittest family and Clare SHC). All that’s left is a club All-Ireland maybe. Although that ship has probably sailed for his beloved Bridge.

It kind of irked me when Clare beat Wexford in the 2018 quarter-final that Davy’s heart wasn’t in it fully. He was nearly happy to lose by a respectable margin and stay on good terms with his former players. That changed then Brian Lohan was appointed.

I go to plenty of games.

This bizarre new money thing of hurling counties turning on each other is sickening to listen and read.

We need everyone competitive for the game to thrive. Not this epl nonsense we are being served up now.

It’s easy know the fellas who started following when Limerick started winning and the fellas who actually care about the sport.

2 Likes